Lockheed Martin Wargames, Exercises and Training Planner in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Wargames, Exercises, and Training Planner Staff, who will be required to design, plan, develop, and teach a broad range of subject matter related to military space and multi-domain command and control to participants in LM wargames, exercises, and training events. Specifically, responsible for 1) conducting highly interactive instruction using blended learning formats, to include classroom, MS&V assisted, video-conference, and web-conference based instruction; 2) procuring off-the shelf and/or designing, developing, and preparing, instructional course materials in accordance with adult learning principles and instructional design models; and 3) conducting training evaluations to determine the extent of learning transfer; 4) writing realistic current and future scenarios to support wargames, exercises, and training events; 5) writing post-event reports; 6) integrating LM models and simulations into training; 7) facilitating participation in wargames and exercises.
The selected individual will execute with our team in Colorado Springs, CO while developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. This staff member will accomplishes tasks mainly through engagement with all aspects of LM wargames, exercises, training events, and operations analysis including: identifying, defining, and assessing objectives, tasks, and training requirements; designing and developing scenarios to that represent end-user missions; organizing and conducting planning sessions with the participation of stakeholders from the community of interest; planning and executing the appropriate activities and tasks to address stakeholder needs; and interacting with LM executives and senior national security representatives.
The selected individuals work is performed without appreciable direction and will exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assigned tasks. This position is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, and based more on the strategic outcome and desired results. The selected individual will join a team driving business growth by developing advanced, end-to-end, space-enabled solutions by addressing: missions, markets, policy, budgets, technology, organization (structure, competencies, and dynamics), and potential mergers & acquisitions.
- Degree must be a from an accredited college in Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Management Science or technical degree. A applicant with a Bachelors degree in a related discipline with 9 years of professional experience; 7 years of related experience with Masters degree; 4 years of related experience with a PhD or JD; or 0 years of related experience with a MD. Considered an emerging authority.
- Experience in computer-based tools and office applications (especially MS Office suite)
- Experience successfully participating in, and leading teams as part of, an Training, Exercise, or Wargaming organization with defined processes and partnerships and sustained success delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a wide range system engineering and technology development activities, and successfully employ the appropriate program and project management techniques
- Coordinate and lead outreach to internal and external stakeholders to identify end-user needs, metrics, business objectives and analysis use-cases
- Ability to present analysis findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Broad understanding of classified (DoD and SCI) and unclassified systems for C4ISR, BMC3, and TCPED
- Prior Modeling and Simulation experience (preference for experience with DoD, IC, Civil and Commercial standard analysis and modeling tools) in the areas of Orbital Mechanics, Sensor Payloads, Production Quality, and Planning and Scheduling applications
- Knowledge of major combat simulations and models, analytical methods, sensors and weapon systems
- Knowledge/experience analyzing cross-domain and Multi-Domain operational effects within context of our customer’s needs.
- Knowledge/experience performing target specific threat assessment to maximize mission capabilities and effectiveness
- Knowledge/experience maintaining and developing SME-level knowledge on threat system capabilities as it pertains to mission effectiveness
- Demonstrated successful relationships with external customers across DoD and IC, in partnering/collaborating on end-user, mission-driven, end-to-end solutions
- Demonstrated success engaging and partnering with industry partners leveraging, developing, integrating, and operating end-user, mission-driven, end-to-end solutions
- Proven ability to rapidly form and energize teams drawn from across organizations to achieve common goals.
- Professional team player who takes initiative; Ability to work autonomously, Experience w/ small teams, and public speaking
- Experienced successfully preparing and providing briefs to executives at all levels of the corporation and focus on superb customer interactions
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.