Lockheed Martin Wargame, Exercise, Training Sr Planner in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Senior Training Manager with at least 10 years’ experience in designing, planning, developing, and teaching a broad range of subject matter related to military space and multi-domain command and control to participants in LM wargames, exercises, and training events; as well as at least 20 years’ experience as a space operator.
Specifically, responsible for 1) conducting highly interactive instruction using blended learning formats, to include classroom, MS&V assisted, video-conference, and web-conference based instruction; 2) procuring off-the shelf and/or designing, developing, and preparing, instructional course materials in accordance with adult learning principles and instructional design models; and 3) conducting training evaluations to determine the extent of learning transfer; 4) writing realistic current and future scenarios to support wargames, exercises, and training events; 5) writing post-event reports; 6) integrating LM models and simulations into training; 7) facilitating participation in wargames and exercises; 8) working with current and former senior DoD officials in wargames. Some travel is required, and candidate must be able to adjust work schedule periodically to support program activities.
- Degree must be a from an accredited college in Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Management Science, Political Science or technical degree. An applicant with a Bachelors degree in a related discipline with 9 years of professional experience; 7 years of related experience with Masters degree; 4 years of related experience with a PhD or JD; or 0 years of related experience with a MD. Considered an emerging authority.
- Experience in computer-based tools and office applications (especially MS Office suite)
- Experience successfully participating in, and leading teams as part of, an Training, Exercise, or Wargaming organization with defined processes and partnerships and sustained success delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a wide range system engineering and technology development activities, and successfully employ the appropriate program and project management techniques
- Coordinate and lead outreach to internal and external stakeholders to identify end-user needs, metrics, business objectives and analysis use-cases
- Ability to present analysis findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Broad understanding of classified (DoD and SCI) and unclassified systems for C4ISR, BMC3, and TCPED
The ideal candidate is a mid-career or senior professional with extensive experience in designing, developing, instructing/facilitating, and evaluating training with adult learning principles and instructional systems design models. The ideal candidate loves to teach and facilitate learning. In addition, the ideal candidate is able to project knowledge of current events into realistic training and future scenarios and has experience working with the National Space Defense Center, senior DoD and government officials.
- Prior Modeling and Simulation experience (preference for experience with DoD, IC, Civil and Commercial standard analysis and modeling tools) in the areas of Orbital Mechanics, Sensor Payloads, Production Quality, and Planning and Scheduling applications
- Knowledge of major combat simulations and models, analytical methods, sensors and weapon systems
- Knowledge/experience analyzing cross-domain and Multi-Domain operational effects within context of our customer’s needs.
- Knowledge/experience performing target specific threat assessment to maximize mission capabilities and effectiveness
- Knowledge/experience maintaining and developing SME-level knowledge on threat system capabilities as it pertains to mission effectiveness
- Demonstrated successful relationships with external customers across DoD and IC, in partnering/collaborating on end-user, mission-driven, end-to-end solutions
- Demonstrated success engaging and partnering with industry partners leveraging, developing, integrating, and operating end-user, mission-driven, end-to-end solutions
- Proven ability to rapidly form and energize teams drawn from across organizations to achieve common goals.
- Professional team player who takes initiative; Ability to work autonomously, Experience w/ small teams, and public speaking
- Experienced successfully preparing and providing briefs to executives at all levels of the corporation and focus on superb customer interactions
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.