Bank of America Systems Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
We invite you to join the Global Information Security (GIS) team at Bank of America as a Systems Engineer. In this role, you will utilize the experience you have gained throughout your career to provide hands-on operational deployment and support for commercial and custom software applications.
While mainly working within Microsoft and Linux environments, you will be an individual contributor responsible for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security technologies. Your primary duties will allow you to use your in-depth technical knowledge to manage and enhance both vendor and internally developed applications. You should be willing to take rotational on-call duties, as this may be required.
As a Systems Engineer, you may have interaction with and visibility to members of the GIS senior leadership team as well as key business unit stakeholders. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a deeply committed team of recognized information security experts on high visibility security initiatives for the Bank.
• Previous Systems Engineering and Deployment experience
• Understanding of software and/or application lifecycle and the implementation of security principals throughout
• Understanding of complex environments, their sub-components, concepts, and interactions
• Deep understanding of large networks and systems and the interaction between applications, infrastructures, etc.
• Proficient in Windows and Linux access systems (specifically: Linux integration to Active Directory)
• A broad knowledge of information security principles
• Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking; out-of-the-box thinkers
• Ability to identify, analyze, and address problems to resolve issues in a way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization
• Ability to be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
• Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
• Effective communication skills and motivation/willingness to learn
• Design, test, implement changes/additions to Venafi Certificate Management system and associated PKI Infrastructure
• In-depth knowledge of the various phases of the Digital Certificate Lifecycle Management
- Desired Skills:
• CISSP/Security+/SANS certifications
• Experience working in Agile development process and a deep understanding of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
Posting Date : 03/13/2019
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.