Lockheed Martin Human Systems Modeling Engineer in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Description: This position is within Lockheed Martin’s Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL). ATL is chartered with creating generation-after-next-generation technology to help Lockheed Martin maintain technology dominance. As a group of applied research laboratories, ATL looks beyond current requirements to envision future capabilities and needs, exploring technology in cyber, materials, robotics, informatics, spectrum systems and others. Our researchers work closely with customers to create and shape opportunities and are skilled in applying emerging research to evolving programs. Our agile business structure is designed to swiftly respond to urgent needs. Our primary partners include the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), government service laboratories, and other Lockheed Martin companies. ATL also maintains research relationships with key universities, industry partners and thought leaders. We are a group of professionals who develop and apply leading edge technologies to our customers’ most difficult problems and needs.
Human Systems and Autonomy (HSA) Research Area: Within ATL the HSA group is an interdisciplinary team of Neuroscience, Physiology, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Electrical Engineering working together to develop state of the art Sense-Assess-Augment solutions for supporting cognitive, physiological and human-machine teaming performance under a wide variety of environmental and operational conditions. We develop machine learning algorithms to assess the current state of an individual in near real time and use a variety of tools to augment their performance by either directly influencing the individual or adapting the machine / autonomous partner to support and amplify the human’s capability.
• Candidate will support research and development in analyzing physiological and cognitive measures of workload, training assessments, and health and well-being.
• Candidate will support modeling work (deriving machine learning approaches and algorithms) to model human behavior, state, and/or system performance
• May include signal processing from a variety of sensor classes (e.g., “wearables”, laboratory-grade sensors, etc.)
• Candidate will work in multidisciplinary teams and academic partners to transition fundamental research into fieldable technology and deployable products
• Research includes incorporating existing and emerging sensor technology into sensor suites to assess and improve current user physiological and/or cognitive state for improving performance and/or training
• BS in Science, Math, or Engineering.
• Working knowledge in of Python, Matlab and/or C++
• At least 1 years of research experience (academic research qualifies)
• Strong people and technical leadership skills.
• Proven ability to organize and work on multiple projects.
• Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security clearance that requires U.S. citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• MS in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Neuroengineering or Bachelors with 1+ years of work experience.
• Data processing of physiological signals (EEG, ECG, EMG, etc.)
• Experience with applying machine learning techniques and neural networks to problem sets
• Experience with experimental protocols.
• Android and/or iOS Development
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.