Bank of America Sr. Information Security Engineer (Mobile Applications) in Charlotte, North Carolina
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
Senior Information Security Officer (Mobile Applications Engineer) will be a member of the Business Information Security Officer's (BISO) organization and work closely with the line of business Chief Information Officers (CIOs)/Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) supporting the Retail, Preferred, and GWIM teams to develop a strong understanding of the business in order to have specialized information security risk-based discussions. This relationship will ensure a focus on the right risk priorities. Senior Information Security Officer (Mobile Applications Engineer) will provide guidance on information security topics, policies and controls.
• Business Information Security Officer Team supporting digital banking online and mobile client facing applications within Consumer and Global Wealth Management Line of Business.
• As a trusted advisor, individual will need to understand the requirements of the business, find acceptable, cost effective solutions the meet security goals, and communicate the importance of information security to all levels of the business and technology teams.
• Ability to be tactical as well as help drive strategic direct within the digital banking mobile domain
• Individual will ensure compliance with all Information Security policies and continuously identify, monitor, escalate, and debate risk.
•Possess strong / experienced application development and/or application security background; with solid knowledge of SDLC from design, testing, deployment to post production and the different risk elements associated with each step.
•Serves as an Information Security subject matter expert and participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of information security for the line of business (LOB)
•Provides guidance and advocacy regarding the prioritization of LOB investments that impact information security
•Advises LOB management on risk issues related to information security and recommends actions in support of the bank's wider risk management and compliance programs
•Monitors information security trends internal and external to the bank and keeps LOB leadership informed about information security-related
•Manages quality control and reporting
•Ensures compliance with policies and laws
•Drives GIS/LOB risk deliverables
•Collaborates with risk partners on info security critical priorities
•Participates in senior LOB specific Risk Management & Business Continuity Routines
•Identifies and measures global information security (GIS) controls on most critical business processes or channels
•Has a solid understanding of security for computing platforms (PaaS)
•Has a solid understanding of security in big data and other instructed large data structures
•Ability to build strong Partner relationships with peer technology groups and supported LOB
•Supports the triage process with the client and helps them understand the GIS support structure
•Drives required risk culture and partnership with peer technology teams and supported LOB
•Participates in key CIO operating routines to drive information security risk strategy
• Information Security & Technology professional with 8+ years’ experience
• 3+ years of risk management experience with proven ability to effectively apply risk principles to challenging business situations
• Experience validating that our mobile offerings are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
• Experience evaluating cyber security controls and providing guidance for platform or distributed computing platforms (cloud, mobile security)
• Strong experience in application security, vulnerability testing and development of risk appetite supporting the mobile application ecosystem.
• Responsible for analyzing the security of mobile applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios
• Vulnerability management and Mitigation approaches in Threat modeling tied to security services, application security reviews, and Secure architecture design
• Experience with information security for No SQL, Big Data , and unstructured data stores (Cassandra, Hadoop, and /or Teradata)
• Knowledge in Windows, Midrange and Mainframe Platforms with emphasis on security and access controls.
• Exceptional executive presentation and communication skills
• Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills
• Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
• Must have strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
• Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a complex business
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with leaders at multiple levels and interactive with teammates
• Strong understanding of audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements for information security, privacy, and data security
• CISSP, CISM or other relevant security certifications
Posting Date : 09/15/2018
Charlotte, NC, 201 N TRYON ST (NC1022),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.