Bank of America Big Data/Cloud Agile Project Manager - Band 5 in Charlotte, North Carolina
Manage technology delivery projects or a portfolio of projects for Hadoop as a Service (HaaS) program and/or NextGen Cloud Services program.
• Be the lead interface with clients as part of large scale (multiple application) migrations from a Line-of-Business Specific Hadoop/Cloud Platform to the HaaS Shared Virtual/Services Hadoop Platform
• Be responsible for identifying Hadoop Tools, Capabilities and Services (including vendor software and services) in use by assigned clients and identify which of these HaaS will need to begin supporting, or how the Product Management Team can transition to a similar tool or capability already supported by HaaS
• Be responsible for delivering Cloud Capability and Services within the context of the Hadoop Tools, Capabilities and Services (including vendor software and services)
• Participate with Product Management Team to prioritize multiple client requests for action by the Platform Services and Engineering Services teams (teams who will design, prototype, build, test and deploy new or updated tools and services to meet client needs)
• Be responsible for weekly senior leadership reporting as part of the larger Product Management program for HaaS
• Identify and manage risks and issues to successful conclusion or escalate those which require senior leadership decisions to attain resolution
• Lead recurring project meetings, maintain project documentation, and interface with all internal HaaS teams in support of assigned client(s), e.g. be a “Virtual Team Lead” for all HaaS teams for their client
• Identify success measures tied to client on-boarding, Migration projects, Infrastructure Projects and ensure the ability to sustain the change post on-boarding / migrating to HaaS is covered. Ensure clients controls, processes, people and functions which are impacted by the applications on-boarding or migrating to HaaS are all addressed in the migration plan – mapping or adding these to HaaS standard practices.
• Excellent ability to prioritize and reprioritize work as needed to ensure overall success – evidence of prior use of this particular skill will be required and discussed during the interview with any candidate receiving serious consideration for this posting
• Experience managing emerging technologies projects (Specific experience with Cloud Technology, Hadoop or similar no-SQL technology projects is a plus). As an alternative to direct experience with the Hadoop eco-system, experienced in technology projects dealing with midrange infrastructure and midrange distributed-compute systems, data warehouse or other large scale databases and applications is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, monitor and control projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion (on scope, on time, on budget).
• Experienced in financial management of projects and programs – able to identify and explain forecast / actual variances. Participates in financial planning exercises with peers, managers and clients to prepare budget requests for programs and projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, self-starter
• Ability to direct and assist junior project managers or project analysts to handle the less critical tasks of managing client interactions
• Ability to work with and influence teams outside his/her immediate team
• Ability to work on multiple initiatives concurrently
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or similar
Combined 10 years of experience in Project Management, Program Management, Platform Management in a large Corporate Enterprise Data Management Environment
Posting Date : 05/17/2018
Charlotte, NC, GATEWAY VILLAGE, 900 W TRADE ST,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.