JPMorgan Chase Business Banking Business Relationship Manager III in Charleston, West Virginia
At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our clients, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Our Business Banking segment serves the banking needs of businesses with $1 million to $20 million in revenue. As a Business Relationship Manager (BRM) you will be helping to improve the lives of our clients and the well-being of their businesses through financial solutions, education and advice. The BRM manages a portfolio of business clients by building relationships and providing financial advice with a focus on client experience and risk management. Business Banking is looking for an experienced BRM to develop new business and deepen existing relationships to position Chase as the primary bank for our clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
• Provide the best in client advice and service and develop the relationship to ensure a seamless client experience throughout Chase.
• Acquire, manage, and retain a portfolio of 60 - 70 business clients with annual revenue of $5 - $20 million; provide deposit and cash management solutions and manage credit opportunities up to approximately $15 million; provide support to branch-based BRMs on sizeable credit deals as needed.
• Deliver an outstanding experience to Chase business clients by providing comprehensive and customized business banking solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of their businesses. Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management to identify, recommend and promote solutions that best serve the client and ensure the profitability of the portfolio. Work within risk parameters that protect the bank. Partner with subject matter experts to ensure a positive client experience.
• Regularly conduct in-person calls with prospects, centers of influence (COIs), and existing clients at their places of business.
• Grow portfolio by prospecting for new clients and deepening relationships with existing clients; utilize extensive referral networks and centers of influence to independently identify and pursue potential new business clients, looking for ways to cultivate long-term, primary banking relationships.
• Identify the personal financial goals and needs of business clients; build collaborative relationships with partners across lines of business (Chase Wealth Management, Home Lending, Branch Teams) to connect clients with specialists who can help meet their financial needs.
• Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
• Leverage established relationship development process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 5 to 7 years of experience in a business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience; direct in-person contact preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of deposit and cash management products and services.
• Strong knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
• Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
• Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Uses sound judgment to offer comprehensive and customized solutions that best meet client needs; able to identify and recommend appropriate alternatives when traditional solutions do not apply.
• Ability to balance needs of clients with associated risks and interests of the firm.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in pursuit of business objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate clients’ issues, own problems on clients’ behalf, and follow through with commitments.
• Knowledge of diverse types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts.
• Strong current business network and active involvement in community organizations with demonstrated business acumen.
• Highly proficient in MS Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
• Ability to travel occasionally for key business meetings and training
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs