Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Reentry Technical Lead in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the Systems Engineer/Reentry Technical Lead , you will work with Advanced Concept/Development integration efforts to support the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Advanced Reentry Programs organization. In this role, you will primarily focus on Reentry specific support for D5LE2 (next iteration of the D5 Trident II missile) planning and development efforts, including but not limited to:
- Defining hardware requirements, developing test plans, and coordinating with flight sciences in support of future ground and flight test program
- Supporting the Design for X (DFx) team with model development and validation
- Reviewing and contributing to architectural trade studies, ensuring Reentry interfaces/impacts are accounted for
- Generating Basis-Of-Estimates (BOEs) for Reentry support of D5LE2 planning, including pre-development architecture trade studies
- Coordinating with our Navy Reentry Branch partners to ensure alignment with the Navy Missile Branch throughout D5LE2 development
You will be responsible for technical and programmatic aspects of the activities listed above and will collaborate across multiple organizations including various design disciplines, flight sciences, FBM Missile Systems Engineering, other organizations within the Reentry directorate, as well as the Rentry Branch customer.
While the key focus of your work will be on Reentry D5LE2 integration, you will also support other Advanced Reentry Technology such as:
- Emerging Reentry and Missile concept development and trade studies
- Maintenance of the Reentry Technology Roadmap (including updates for D5LE2)
- FBM Reentry Program/Project Proposals including (BOE) generation
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited college
- Technical engineering or equivalent job experience
- Evaluating / developing technical concepts and/or associated trade studies
- Ability to plan, propose, and manage project budgets and schedules
- Generating Basis-Of-Estimates (BOEs) and providing proposal support
- Proven track record of effective customer coordination and collaboration
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance clearance
- Familiar/knowledgeable of Reentry, Reentry Bodies, Reentry Vehicle Technologies
- FBM program familiarity (architecture, processes, procedures and systems) and Trident II (D5) Reentry System
- Architecture development and planning flight tests
- Navy SSP Reentry customer experience
- DoD Reentry and DOE/NNSA (SNL, LANL, LLNL) customer and associated contractors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, peers and subordinates
- Willingness to travel
- Active Top Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.