Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Advanced Reentry Projects in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The primary responsibilities of this Systems Engineer will be to provide overall systems engineering support to the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM), Advanced Reentry Projects team. Advanced Reentry Projects is responsible for development, build, test and delivery of advanced instrumented Reentry Bodies (RBs). Responsibilities within this group include requirements development and verification, conducting systems engineering design reviews, and coordination with multiple disciplines to achieve project milestones including design (mechanical, electrical, RF & Software), flight sciences, Assembly Integration and Test (AI&T), as well as the Navy SP28 customer. The Systems Engineer will work in a support role under the direction of a Senior or Staff Systems Engineer responsible for a particular flight test project. Occasional travel may be required.
Desired Skills: • Ballistic missiles and/or reentry body related engineering and science disciplines including aerodynamics, thermodynamics, structural dynamics, and/or fluid mechanics
• Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Programs’ Reentry Systems’ products and performance
• Systems Engineering disciplines
• Must be able to work independently and in a small team environment
• Reviewing and interpreting engineering drawings
• Active Secret clearance
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Materials Science, etc.) or closely related field
• Excellent, demonstrated communication, presentation and people skills are required as this position requires frequent briefings to senior leadership as well as the Navy customer
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare reports, graphs, and visual presentation aids, perform measurements, and interpret data
• US Citizenship with ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.