American Electric Power Technician Assc to Technician in Buchanan, Michigan
Technician Assc to Technician
Responsible for performing entry level technical work and related activities associated with the planning, engineering, design, analysis, research, development, testing, construction, maintenance, and operation of Company equipment and facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Technical Proficiency: Possesses technical knowledge acquired from an Associate Degree in Electrical/Electronic/ Civil/Mechanical Engineering Technology. Gains knowledge of standards, codes, and regulations relevant to area of assignment. Gains knowledge with pertinent equipment, material, systems, and business processes. Assists employees in handling defined portions of routine problems when beneficial to AEP. Possesses basic computer literacy, knowledge, and skills.
2) Leadership & Guidance: Performs work activities as assigned and coached by higher level employees. Demonstrates ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary.
3) Planning & Organization Ability: Plans work in accordance with AEP standard planning practices. Prioritizes routine work to meet the demands of the company. Maintains accurate records.
4) Problem Solving & Initiative: Applies technical knowledge and experience in resolving problems encountered in assigned work. Uses initiative in looking for opportunities to improve the process and increase job knowledge/technical skills. Seeks out, compiles, analyzes, and interprets information necessary to perform work activities and solve problems.
5) Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external customers. Assists in the preparation of technical reports and papers. Demonstrates the ability to be a team player. Relates to people in an open, friendly, and sincere manner.
6) Decision Making & Business Awareness: Develops decision-making skills based on sound judgment and job knowledge. Develops an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the local organizational unit.
7) Refer to attached matrix for required qualifications.
Auto req ID:
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years or related utility industry work experience; or an Associate's Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Civil/ Mechanical Engineering Technology or related fields.
Physical demand level is Sedentary
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets
American Electric Power
- American Electric Power Jobs