National Grid Senior Counsel I, In House Counsel, Regulatory in Brooklyn, New York
THIS POSITION IS IN BROOKLYN, NY AND REQUIRES REGULATORY EXPERIENCE
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As Senior Counsel I, you will work in the Company’s NY Regulatory practice group and be responsible for providing expert legal advice to clients regarding all aspects of state utility regulation and regulatory compliance to support the business in achieving its objectives, mitigate risk, and ensure compliance. In this role, the selected candidate will practice before the New York State Public Service Commission.
• Provide legal advice and counsel to middle or upper management clients.
• Independently perform research and legal analysis including legislation and regulation.
• Advocate effectively complex company positions both internally and externally to National Grid.
• Understand and apply complex legal, market, political, and regulatory aspects of our business. Utilize expanded external peer group network to apply legal, market, and regulatory best practice within own area of specialization.
• Exercise a complex level of legal judgment.
• Identify significant corporate risks in business matters; work with assurance and business to develop appropriate mitigation measures.
• Provide support and coaching to less experienced lawyers and paralegals; promote Company's core values and consistently demonstrate National Grid's leadership qualities.
• Provide authoritative and commercially oriented legal advice and support to meet and support business objectives. Provide solutions which have a significant impact on business performance in the short and longer term. Plan and manage projects in a timely and cost-effective manner. Proactively engage in business and departmental initiatives with company-wide significance, making informed, authoritative legal and business recommendations to improve business performance in the medium and longer term. Challenge existing processes and continuously seek ways to do things better.
• Create and execute meaningful personal development plans designed to advance substantive and leadership capabilities.
• JD and Good Standing to appropriate state bar.
• Knowledge and understanding of legal precedent, statutory, and regulatory issues affecting the energy industry.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exhibits high personal standards of commitment and ethics. Strong sense of team work; ability to work effectively on multidisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrate highly proficient legal research and analytic skills; flexible decision making; the ability to work independently. Demonstrate ability to effectively identify complex legal problems and risks and advance commercially reasonable business solutions. Demonstrate ability to effectively engage senior management on increasingly complex legal decisions and outcomes and work collaboratively with the business.
Must have regulatory experience.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.