Northwell Health Asst. Project Manager, Capital Projects in Brooklyn, New York
Req Number 001XIJ
Job Category Maintenance
Plans, organizes and manages construction projects, material procurement, administering contracts, enforcing contract requirements, processing invoices and preparing meeting minutes. Manages the performance of the project team including consultants, construction managers and contractors within the approved schedule and budget. Facilitates shutdowns, bypasses and project reporting. Fully responsible for projects up to $2M in size and may support Project Managers with larger projects.
- Coordinate the selection, schedule and standards for construction projects.
• Assists in the development of the quality standards of the project.
• Participates in selection of architects, project consultants, and scope of services/contacts.
• Assists in development and maintenance of project schedules, budgets.
• Assists in selection of construction delivery method; participates in the selection of builder and award of construction contract.
- Manages consultants, contractors, vendors and other businesses on behalf of the client to effectively plan, organize and control the project.
• Participates in project meetings as required to maintain a high level of communication with all parties involved in the project.
• Administers contracts and enforces contract requirements.
• Participates in pre-construction kick-off meetings to ensure that the construction contractor is familiar with Health System guidelines for construction, safety, etc.
• Assists in monitoring construction progress and ensures that consultants and staff monitor the quality of work.
- Represents Physical Assets - Facilities to all internal customers, clients, health system staff, vendors and consultants to control project progress and ensure quality outcomes.
• Assists supervisor in preparation monthly Project Progress Reports and regularly advises on project status.
• Reports for daily project work to the supervising Project Manager or Project Director. Reviews invoices and verifies completion of work; approves payment of invoices.
• Participates in monitoring project expenditures. Forecasts possible cost events and potential impact on the project budget and reports to supervisor.
• Assists in forecasting and reports project delays and risks.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
This position's main location will be in Brooklyn. It will cover Ambulatory sites in the Brooklyn and Staten Island areas.
• Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field, required.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in Architecture, engineering or related field, require.
• Knowledge of building design, construction and maintenance, required.
• Strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills, required.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, required.
• Knowledge of contracts and specifications.
• Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Project.
• Proficient in Unifier and P6.