EY Manager, Performance Improvement - Digital Finance, Bristol in Bristol, United Kingdom
Manager, Performance Improvement - Digital Finance, Bristol
Requisition # BRI001J3
Post Date Feb 09, 2019
Are you passionate about digital innovation, advanced analytics, and developing creative solutions within Digital Finance?
The Digital Finance Performance Improvement service line works with clients to address mission critical issues for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in creating value and delivering world-class future finance capabilities, leveraging the EY brand as impartial, trusted advisors.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams for some of the biggest and most recognised corporate brands in the world, where you will apply the latest technologies, analytics, and principal methodologies to help drive their business performance and future digital finance transformation agendas that make a real difference to our working world.
You’ll develop innovative solutions for our clients and work with cutting edge applications such as AI and Robotic Process Automation, as well as front running software technologies such as S4 HANA.
Your key responsibilities
You will build relationships at senior levels within client organisations, working with them to understand their most critical business problems and priorities, consulting with your EY peers to evaluate, design, and deliver solution options that leverage advancing technologies.
You will motivate and manage a high performing team, aligned to EY’s values, often across borders and always from a diverse set of backgrounds, to deliver exceptional client outcomes and position your clients for a future ready digital organisation.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for professionals who are great communicators, team players, and relationship builders, with a real desire to learn.
Professional in your approach, you will have a natural ability to establish personal credibility with clients. You will also be highly organised, capable of coordinating your own workload and that of other team members, meeting deadlines, and quality and risk goals.
A role model to those around you, you will live the values of the firm daily, coaching and supporting the development of others.
You will add measurable value to your clients by delivering work that addresses their biggest problems and priorities, including the need to:
· Articulate, design, and implement a vision for Finance that draws on innovative global technology trends, best practices, and service innovation
· Develop operating model business cases, underpinned by an understanding of how latest generation cloud and automation solutions drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements
· Plan, design, and execute design-led thinking process reengineering workshops
· Design processes that are grounded in customer outcomes and user experience, by applying LEAN methodologies and automation technologies
· Define information and data architectures that meet financial and management reporting requirements, including data visualisations
· Consult around next generation Cloud-based ERP platforms and the benefits they bring
· Articulate, design and implement appropriate methods of allocating resources and forecasting returns on investment of the CFO’s most critical projects
· Structure and implement Agile delivery methods for finance transformation programmes
· Use emerging critical tools to diagnose operating model efficiency and effectiveness
To qualify for the role you must have
· A valid and certified professional accounting qualification
· Experience of business development and solution design for complex multi-national businesses
· Expert proficiency in your chosen Market or Sector
· Experience of delivering change programmes within a finance function
· Strong client relationships and a proven track record of originating and selling new projects
· Proven ability to engage, manage and build senior relationships
Ideally, you'll also have
· A background in management consulting
· Ability to create solutions to technical problems
· Strong attention to detail, with the ability to storyboard and create high quality outputs
· Excellent problem solving, facilitation, and presentation skills
· Track record of line managing professional services staff, including coaching and developing staff
What we look for
Core consulting skills - Client management, analysis, presentation and facilitation, commerciality
Technical skills - Strong technical insight, practical knowledge, and capability in your specialist field
Versatility - Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
Market/Sector knowledge - Demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
- EY Jobs