Bank of America Strategic Program Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) serves the core financial needs of individual clients and plan participants by connecting our capabilities across the firm. RPWS is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive set of personal wealth and retirement products and services through Banking, Merrill Edge and Advisory channels. RPWS provides tools and content that enables financial advisors and bankers to help their client’s live better financial lives.
The Retirement Client Experience (RCE) Strategy Team is responsible for designing, planning, and directing the development of strategic initiatives aligned with the Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) division’s goals. The team conceptualizes and advances strategic direction and /or evolution of client facing strategic initiatives. Currently, the team is working across the organization to optimize Financial Wellness related efforts, with a focus on leveraging firm wide initiatives and map out a plan of “coherence” and “cohesion” in the near term and “convergence” of related efforts in the long-term.
The Strategic Program Manager responsibilities can range across the strategic initiative development process from owning distinct strategic components to advising planning team members during the strategy development, and collaborating across the enterprise in the implementation of strategy. Makes recommendations based on emerging trends, client feedback, expansion opportunities, and competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, and internal business process improvement and risk appetite. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. The Strategic Program Manager would also coordinate the communication and promote business relationships between the Retirement Client Experience (RCE) team and stakeholders of the wealth management organization, consumer bank, and Global Commercial Bank. It would be expected they ensure the larger organization’s perspective and input is articulated and well represented in the design, development, and launch of the retirement group’s relevant programs. Similarly, the position will provide continuous and consistent messaging to these other parts of the organization, in order that they have a current and clear understanding of objectives and status of the Retirement Client Experience team’s initiatives and how they support the larger organizational goals.
Strategic Program Manager Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain thorough knowledge of the business and strategic business objectives, as well as an understanding of how that impacts the other entities across the organization
· Identify and target attainable opportunities in the market
· Map out various strategic alternatives and recommend approach
· Create presentations and supporting material to communicate strategic objectives of the Retirement Client Experience Strategy team
· Create detailed project plans and manage accordingly
· Develop trusted and fluid partnerships with stakeholders across the firm
· Proactively develop and foster relationships with team members, stakeholders, and other executives across the organization
· Collaborate and communicate successfully with other entities outside of the business
· Work with other team members to develop a greater understanding of the business and complexities of initiatives planned or underway
· Identify connection points and collect feedback to identify opportunities to improve communication and ensure that the relationship across the firm is as beneficial as possible
· Act as a positive representative of the business across and throughout the organization
· Create detailed project plans and manage accordingly
Bachelor’s degree required; Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or MBA a plus.
· Demonstrated success moving initiatives from “white board” to the marketplace in either a product development or strategic marketing environment.
· 5-10 years related financial services experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a strategy type role
· Has successfully navigated large organizations in the launch of a new product or initiative
· An enterprise-wide thinker that engages in support of their company’s culture, outside of their own day-to-day role and responsibilities
· Proven ability to negotiate with and influence key stakeholders, with a positive and persistent “bias for action”
· Has proven track record of creating and delivering presentations specifically designed to win support / approval for large scale projects
· Very high “Emotional Quotient” (EQ) with the demonstrated ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships
· Intellectually curious, self-starter with a willingness to take initiative and help solve complex problems
Posting Date : 09/07/2018
Boston, MA, 225 FRANKLIN ST (MA1225),
Pennington, NJ, HOPEWELL BLDG. 4, 1400 AMERICAN BLVD,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.