JPMorgan Chase Financial Reporting Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $20.5 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan delivers an extensive solution for Mutual Fund clients seeking independent administration and custody services or to outsource their day-to-day operations.
The Mutual Fund Financial Reporting Associate will:
Be responsible for the overall management, staffing, organization and development of a team. He/she will be responsible for identifying complex fund issues and managing the delivery of services to clients, including meeting all regulatory deadlines.
• Lead a team and provide guidance to Supervisors and Staff on treatment of complex financial transactions to ensure proper identification in financial statements
• Oversee the production of the Fund's quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports to shareholders and file with the SEC
• Coordinate shareholder report mailings with transfer agent or distributor
• Oversee the preparation and the filing of Form N-CSR, N-SAR, N-Q, N-MFP, CPO-PQR Notices for all appropriate Funds with the SEC
• Implement and execute SEC Modernization requirements (N-CEN, N-PORT).
• Act as the primary contact for client inquiries, requests and ad hoc projects on financial reporting issues
• Actively participate in audits across with multiple departments and geographical locations and respond to internal and external inquiries
• Develop and adjust department procedures and systems enhancements
• Coach and develop staff including formal objective setting, performance reviews and provide ongoing and regular feedback
• Interview and hire new staff for the team
• Work with the Fund's legal counsel and outside auditors with regard to filings, examinations, and reporting
• Provide the fund's Board of Directors and Fund Management with timely, essential and accurate reporting of Fund operations
• Oversee correspondence for distribution to Fund management and Board of Directors when deemed appropriate
• Work with Relationship Management and Sales teams on client presentations
• Work with Finance and prepare budget for department
• Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience
• Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
• Strong organizational skills ideally with project and program management experience and a demonstrated track record of project delivery
• Advanced analytical skills with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results
• Ability to initiate and drive change
• Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
• Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk
• Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts)
• Strong technical understanding of the investment industry including a strong knowledge of SEC and IRS regulations and rules and GAAP Accounting standards
• Minimum of 5-7 years in the mutual fund industry, with a minimum of 5-7 years in a financial reporting capacity
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• CPA preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co . offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.