Humana Medical Record Retrieval Specialist - Birmingham, AL in Birmingham, Alabama
Role: Record Retrieval Specialist
Assignment:Medicare Risk Adjustment
Location: Birmingham, AL
Assignment Capsule Be a part of our team- provide services that connect people with lifelong well-being. The Medical Records Retrieval Specialist travels to provider offices within the region and scans medical records into a secure system. The records are reviewed by Humana's Coding staff.
- Travel up to 100% of the time, and will consist of driving to locations close to your home, as well as driving to locations that require overnight travel for up to a week at a time.
- Use a laptop computer and a portable scanner to retrieve medical records which will be uploaded into a database.
- Schedule appointments and visits to physician offices in a timely, efficient manner to meet all deadlines.
- High School Diploma
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must have reliable transportation
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel locally up to 100% of the time. Preferred candidate to reside close to I-81 and/or I-26.
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Previous healthcare or health insurance experience preferred
- Familiarity with medical terminology and/or ICD-10 codes
Additional Information /This role is considered "work at home", however, you must reside in the Birmingham, AL area as you will be required to travel up to 100% of the time to provider offices in this region./
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Title: Medical Record Retrieval Specialist - Birmingham, AL
Requisition ID: 189516
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our full accessibility rights information and language options.