Lockheed Martin Material Scientist in Bio-Fabrication in Billerica, Massachusetts
Description: The Advanced Technology Center (ATC) is seeking a PhD graduate to participate as part of a team dedicated to developing cutting edge-materials technology which are partially or wholly comprised of elements produced through biological fabrication methods. The successful candidate will have an enterprising spirit and the ability to forge enduring relationships with internal and external customers while performing materials design, development and characterization tasks. The successful candidate will be responsible for the research and execution of a portfolio of projects that will involve experienced professional technologists, engineers, and scientists. The successful candidate will work with these cross-functional teams that span geographies and reporting structures to execute successfully.
The candidate must be able to effectively communicate, developing concise and professional technical presentation materials for peers, management, and customers.
Travel to domestic locations is expected
• PhD in Material Science preferred or related research experience
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform on a cross-functional team
• Basic molecular biology, synthetic biology, enzyme/protein and/or genetic education/understanding
• Strong physics understanding, especially as it relates to optical and RF implementations
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Strong written communication skills
• US Citizen
• Molecular biology, synthetic biology, enzyme/protein and/or genetic lab experience
• Experience in the analysis, design, and/or development of materials with specific properties
• Experience in production, failure mode evaluation and analysis, and/or root cause analysis
• Experience working in geographically diverse team
• Systems Engineering and Test experience
• Willingness to lead new business development
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, scientists, engineers, program management and leadership to foster a collaborative research environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.