Lockheed Martin I-O Psychology Graduate Intern in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Industrial-Organizational Psychology Internship at Lockheed Martin Headquarters
Are you looking for the experience of a lifetime with opportunities for both personal and professional development? In this paid Human Resources internship you learn practical applications of Industrial-Organizational Psychology and Organizational Development methodologies via shadowing and hands-on experience applying what you are learning in your graduate program. This is not a filing and copying internship.
About Lockheed Martin: As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Our Mission: We solve complex challenges, advance scientific discovery and deliver innovative solutions to help our customers keep people safe and provide them essential services.
Our Vision: Be the global leader in supporting our customers to strengthen global security, deliver citizen services, and advance scientific discovery.
Our Values: Do What's Right, Respect Others, and Perform With Excellence
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Get ready to have your career kickstarted with this unique internship opportunity at Lockheed Martin Corporation’s global headquarters in Bethesda, MD on the Human Resources team. Lockheed Martin is evolving its approach to Career Development, Career Paths and Competency Models across its global enterprise. You will have the opportunity to take part in this massive Human Resources and Organizational Development work. You will learn on-the-job as you support efforts in job analysis, data collection and analysis (e.g. focus groups, interviews or surveys), content design, and project management. interact with leaders and employees at all levels across our organization.
•Help to design, validate, introduce and employ competency models
•Conduct job analysis using a blend of qualitative (focus groups, interviews, observations) and quantitative research (surveys) to identify job-related KSAOs and work tasks to develop role profiles
•Assist in the development of career paths, role profiles, development resources and support
•Assist with data collection (focus groups, interviews and surveys) and data analysis
•Support project management and change management of career development initiatives
•Prepare and deliver written and oral presentations to internal customers
Graduate student in I-O Psychology (Masters or PhD)
Successfully completed a graduate course in Job Analysis or Personnel Selection (strongly preferred)
Bachelor’s in I-O Psychology, OD, Human Resources, or Engineering (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
• Excellent interpersonal skills, written skills, and integrity
• Ability to communicate complex ideas, theories and data collection results to audiences of diverse skill sets
• Effectively handles confidential information with professionalism, discretion and diplomacy
• Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
• Effective at communicating technical information in plain English to non-HR savvy audiences
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and research skills
• Collaboratively working on a team of HR Personnel in a deadline-drive environment with multiple priorities
• Proficient in MS Office Skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote)
• Experience facilitating focus groups, leading interviews or conducting telephone surveys (strongly preferred)
• Previous consulting or professional office experience (strongly preferred)
• Must be an appropriate organizational fit for Lockheed Martin culture and values
• Effectively able to work with other of diverse backgrounds in a collaborative, positive and productive manner
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
• Adheres to policies, procedures, professional and ethical guidelines
• Demonstrates responsibility, regular attendance and punctuality
Hours per week 17. Minimum of 2 days/week, flexible hours available.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs