Lockheed Martin Aircraft Actuation System Integration Engineer Senior Staff in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: Become part of our team as an in-country integration engineer between flight control and subsystems for KF-X. This position is for engineering technical assistance to the KF-X development program.
The KF-X program is seeking a person with extensive Flight Control System experience to advise KAI engineers during system development. The successful candidate will deploy from their current location and will provide technical advice (to include training, guidance, support, and development assistance to KAI engineers while guiding detail development through the appropriate application of analysis methodologies, ground test, and flight test to achieve a design solution that meets customer needs. In addition to strong technical skills the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.
The selected candidate will have high proficiency in flight control development and working knowledge of related engineering disciplines that include requirements definition, design, development, qualification, integration test support, verification, production and training for the KF-X flight control system. Overall tasks shall include – but not be limited to – providing subject matter guidance, training and mentoring to the customer engineers with focus in loop-closure integration with hydraulic actuation systems.
• Hardware specification and interface requirements
• Integration, test, and verification requirements and procedures
Overall tasks shall include, but not be limited to, providing subject matter guidance, training and mentoring to the customer engineers. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate to Korea.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college.
• 7+ years of experience in aircraft system integration
• Background in flight control system development, integration, design verification, qualification testing, and production.
• Experience overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously to identify and resolve task conflicts and issues; experience interfacing with customers and subcontractors; proposal technical leadership experience.
• Exceptional skills to mentor and train other engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
The following are desired but not required:
• Strong knowledge of aircraft system design and on-aircraft integration with preference in flight control system integration and verification
• Strong knowledge of servo-valve loop closure and hydraulic actuation systems
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
• Experience with communicating cross-functionally
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Strong Organizational Skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.