Lockheed Martin Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Description: Want to be at the frontlines of cybersecurity by defending key national security systems? Come join our team of professionals who work daily with cutting edge technologies to support critical customer systems and missions. We work with our customers to develop tools, support 24x7x365 operations, and engineer systems that play a critical role in the day-day defense of critical national systems.
Lockheed Martin RMS has an immediate opening for an Information Assurance Security Professional. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. Lockheed Martin RMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The candidate will be designated as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) supporting multiple Special Access Programs administering the Information Assurance (IA) Cyber duties for government customers. Components of the IA program include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities (i.e., documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing), security sustainment activities (i.e., hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, and delivering information systems security education and awareness. The candidate must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing their time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision. Additionally, the candidate will possess effective written, speaking, analytical, organizational, and customer service skills that will assist them in identifying solutions to complex compliance and security problems. The ISSO will coordinate duties with the System Administrators and/or Information Technology (IT) staff to ensure all configuration requirements are implemented and functional. The ISSO will conduct technical and nontechnical reviews and audits as prescribed by the Information Systems Security Manager.
• Proficient understanding of cyber security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), JSIG (Joint SAP Implementation Guide), ICD-503, NIST SP 800-53
Experience implementing government security requirements to include technical computer/network system auditing
• Trained and proficient in Assured File Transfer (AFT) processes and tools
• Experience with various security assessment/hardening tools - STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, Nessus, etc.
Systems administration experience is highly desirable
• Very strong writing, speaking, analytical, and customer service skills
• Ability to participate in or lead security work groups
• Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision
• DoD 8570 IAM-I level professional certification (i.e. Security + CE, CAP, GSLC) or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire
• This role requires a technical background creating POA&Ms, developing corrective action plans, and writing security plans, policies, and procedural documentation (not just reviewing or performing documentation review)
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the NISPOM, JSIG, ICD-503, NIST SP 800-53 and CNSSI 1253
• Experience with Y443 systems is desirable
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs