Bank of America Cybersecurity Intrusion Detection Analyst in Addison, Texas
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Cyber Security Defense (CSD) function within Global Information Security is responsible for all aspects of threat intelligence and monitoring, application and network security, and insider threat. In addition, the CSD team drives out the enterprise-wide cyber exercise program.
Will function as a member of an Enterprise Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Response team. The Security Analyst will use our security tools and events to find targeted attacks against the banks internal and external network. The analyst will also use new intelligence to update existing controls to detect new threats.
Additional Tasks include:
• Daily analysis of security events
• Building and enhancing automated controls to detect security events
• Work with vendor to maintain our security controls
• Develops and implements processes or controls in support of audit and risk requirements
• Will partner with senior leaders from lines of business organizations to triage security events and report on impacting security initiatives.
• Responsible for mentoring and developing the skill sets of less experienced team members.
• On call and after hour work can be expected.
Previous network security experience required. Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, ability to operate in a high stress environment, and ability to work both independently as well as part of a larger technology team are also required. Must be able to plan, execute and document initiatives following established processes and procedures. Five to seven years of experience in network security required.
• Strong Intrusion Analysis background
• Experience with packet captures and interpreting network traffic
• Familiarity with web application attacks including SQL injection, cross-site scripting,
• Strong Splunk skill set
• Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight.
• Ability to work with Technical and Non-Technical business owners
• Motivated and willing to learn.
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
• Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding.
• Unix/Linux system administration experience
• Application development experience
• Firewall administration experience
• Network penetration testing experience
Posting Date : 11/09/2018
Jacksonville, FL, JACKSONVILLE 2, 4802 DEER LAKE DR E,
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
Charlotte, NC, 201 N TRYON ST (NC1022),
Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.