JPMorgan Chase VP - Customer Service Communications, Strategy & Innovation in Wilmington, Delaware
Delivering exceptional Customer Service drives our NPS and our ability to build lifelong relationships with customers. It also directly impacts our brand and reputation. Our goal is to promote current and new ways to get service from Chase. We are implementing a new strategy at Chase; understanding and confidence in the Strategy and expected results must be built, via Communication of intent, opportunity, and the results.
Our expectation is that we will build confidence internally and externally, to customers and prospects, that Customer Service is a brand differentiator at Chase.
This leader develops and delivers communications programs to ensure prospects, customers, and employees know that Chase is an innovative Company where customers can expect exceptional service, including self-service. He or she will aggressively promote this as one component of the Chase brand.
Partners and Stakeholders
The leader must partner closely with lines of business and centers of excellence to embed the Program into Chase culture.
Within Operations : This leader will help Chase lead change within Operations and across Chase. Each Executive in the organization will benefit from participating in and understanding the work product of the Strategy, Analytics and Innovations team, and representing it to both his/her stakeholders (such as CEOs) and their employees (40K+). This leader writes the plan to communicate the business strategy internally. He or she would be the PoC to various stakeholders seeking updates, and would be responsible for helping embed the Strategy into the culture.
Within Communications : This leader will partner with Corporate Communications to share news and sponsor PR and media-worthy developments. He or she identifies all work underway and partners with our Corporate Communications team to promote developments we are deploying and mitigate and brand reputation risks associated with installing new innovations.
The VP, Customer Service Communications is responsible for:
Communicating the Journey Strategy and Innovation work to rally the organization
· Write the plan and the documents that communicate a new vision and motivate the organization
o Develop, deliver and share content and messaging for executives and employees (via decks, intranet, email, collateral, video, talking point or speeches, articles or blogs, town halls employee offsites)
o Craft materials that communicate our strategy in a compelling, newsworthy manner
o Create a master launch plan to signal change in Operations. Plan roadshow(s) and prep leaders to engage employees and stakeholders
o Convey information in a relatable, consistent, accurate and authentic voice
· Report out results to the business
· Handle initiatives from beginning to end, developing communications plans that leverage multiple channels and reach multiple stakeholders in many functions and geographies
Creating and Executing an external Communication Plan that results in media interest, coverage, and ultimately, customer curiosity, interest and behavioral change
· Identify newsworthy events and partner with CCO org to promote them
· Drive the plan to embed customer servicing news into traditional and contemporary methods, such as social media amplification and influencer use
· Create thought leadership content for multiple channels that will drive coverage (e.g. articles, posts, Ted Talks); then deliver to CCO for placement and promotion
· Partner with colleagues in Marketing, Digital, et al, to share approached and learnings
· Take the lead on drafting or rewriting customer communications that promote ease of use, how tos, and benefits (rather than features)
Working with tremendous esprits des corps across Lines of Business, Agencies, and Chase CoEs
· Develop relationships with senior executives and work with them to devise communications plans to achieve their business goals
· Drive strategic thinking, a “One Chase” mentality, and colleagues’ buy-in for these programs. Shift the company’s perspective from inside out to outside in, evolving Chase into an even more customer-centric Company
· Understand pre-existing Corporate, LoB and Product communication strategies and partner with these workstream owners to ensure we embed customer service functionality into them, such that work isn’t independent or competing with what’s already underway
· Ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are met for all campaigns and appropriate approvals are obtained
· Manage the budget associated with all programs
Qualifications, Skills and Behaviors of the Successful Candidate:
· Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or related degree
· Minimum of 10 years experience in Communications
· Full understanding of the financial services industry and Regulatory, Legal, and Risk environments
· Strong knowledge of customer behaviors, sensitivities, and segments
· Contemporary awareness of the media landscape – what sells, what is a concern, what will build or detract from brand
· Exceptional writing skills; innovative content generator – can craft a message and sell it
· Digitally savvy
· High level of independence, energy, tenacity and integrity, accepts accountability and responsibility
· Known for being a thought leader and engaged, flexible partner and listener; willingness to contribute on projects outside his/her scope
· Consultative approach with the ability to interact, influence, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
· Ability to present ideas and results to multiple stakeholders; superior verbal and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and identify big ideas
· Strong project manager, comfortable in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment, with flexibility and willingness to adapt and change course as needed
· Expertise in PowerPoint and PitchPro (non-negotiable)
· Skills in Word and content management systems a plus
· Proven communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to present to varied and large audiences, including executive updates
· Command of Communications practices and channels, both traditional and emerging
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.