JPMorgan Chase Business Objects / Crystal Reporting Software Engineering Lead in Westerville, Ohio
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments.
Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms.
Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions.
Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles.
Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency.
The TrueComp Non-Annual Incentive Compensation Technology (NAIC) Team , is looking to hire a Business Objects / Crystal Reporting Software Engineering Lead . This individual will play a key role in the delivery and ongoing support of the TrueComp / Commissions Incentive Platform. They will be responsible for the operational and/or technological changes required to ensure the highest degree of service and production environment integrity for NAIC End User population within JPMorgan Chase. Additionally, they will be asked to work on a highly agile team, and drive strategic adoption firm wide. The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of the inner workings of the TrueComp product and a broad experience of the incentives business domain. Knowledge of all phases of software development life cycles (SDLC), supporting a software application suite / infrastructure, and Quality Assurance programs are preferred.
· Understanding of Incentive System concepts especially TrueComp is beneficial.
· Work with the peers in development, engineering & architecture to maintain and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incentive Platform.
· Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies, leading presentations in architecture review, strategic technology directions, best practice development (e.g., estimating models), mentoring less experienced team members, code reviews.
· Perform the role of a Report Developer and Analyst on projects in releases, supporting Data content, Reporting, Configurations, Data Extracts, and Operating Model activities.
· Develop and oversee the implementation of process and procedures.
· Develop, implement and enforce best practices and operating standards.
· Oversees activities related to maintenance of the TrueComp Incentive Platform.
· Oversight for the creation and maintenance of application Service Level Agreements, root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management.
· Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology and risk guidelines.
· Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members; as well as overall team management responsibilities.
· Set and manage functional objectives, establish and evolve operating environments and lead innovation efforts.
· Identify Data/Application/Systems improvement opportunities and develop action plans.
· Work with Development, Engineering, and QA & Architecture teams to ensure application designs conform to accepted standards.
· Partner with Application Development, QA, and Architecture and Engineering groups on all release and support activities.
· Establish and track metrics related to key performance objectives and service levels.
· Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure that skill set/knowledge base remains broad and current.
· Ensure compliance with JPMC’s risks and controls policies/procedures and best practice; and Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance or related field of study or equivalent relevant experience in software development.
BS / MS degree Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
10+ years’ experience as a software developer / engineer.
Working knowledge of the TrueComp Incentive Platform and processes is preferred.Experienced with/ knowledge of Callidus Commissions / TrueComp architectures and data model is preferred.
Experience with Reporting & Analytics (report development and security configuration – Business Objects 4.1).
8+ years of Report Development and Production / Operations management experience.
Strong working experience within an IT organization; in a fast-paced, Agile development environment.
Working experience with OLAP Database design.
Working experience in PL/SQL Programming.
Working experience with Crystal and WeBi Reports required.
Experienced with / knowledge of BO Universe Development and Design.
Actuate Reporting experience is preferred.
Source Code Management; hands on understanding a plus.
Very good knowledge of IT Service management principles.
Strong working experience with SDLC/Agile processes.
Prior experience with or solid an understanding of the implementation process associated with 3rd party applications.
Working knowledge of various quality programs/standards.
Financial Services experience is preferred.
Strong working knowledge of Informatica development.
Working knowledge of building and delivering web applications and Workflows is preferred.
Experience with quality assurance processes and automation surrounding incentive commission systems.
Prior experience working within a multi-functional team consisting of Data Integration, Report Development, Analytics, Quality Assurance, Web Applications/Workflow Development.
Experience in performance testing and tuning exercises involving Callidus grid computing, and Business Objects report generation.
Knowledge of the processes required for best-in-class unit testing, peer reviews and code migration across environments.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong team player, coach, and mentor skills.
Ability to influence others to come to consensus quickly.
Ability to manage conflict professionally.
Experience in SDLC.
Experience with Microsoft product suite.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.