Hilton Catering Sales Manager - Washington Hilton in Washington, District Of Columbia
Located in the heart of Washington, DC, the Washington Hilton hotel is situated near the capital's most sought-after neighborhoods. Our guests enjoy the best entertainment and nightlife Washington has to offer at the nearby Adams Morgan, Woodley Park and the U Street Corridor. This Washington, DC hotel is one mile from the Smithsonian National Zoo and only four blocks from the Dupont Circle Metro. Discover iconic Washington attractions including the White House, National Monument and Lincoln Memorial.
This beautiful complex hotel boasts 1,070 guest rooms and caters to meetings and social gatherings in our versatile meeting rooms providing up to 110,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space.
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Sales Manager, you would be responsible for developing market segments and soliciting new customers to purchase food and beverage and utilize event facilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop market segments and solicit new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships
- Conduct conferences and external sales presentations to groups and prospective customers to solicit, explain, negotiate and secure group and local catering business
- Host and entertain clients and maintain client accounts
- Conduct property tours and participate in trade shows, industry and community events to promote facilities and services
- Negotiate services and prices to maximize revenue and profitability
- Assist the Director in the management of the department, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Banquets and Catering
Title: Catering Sales Manager - Washington Hilton
Requisition ID: HOT046L2