EY Lead Workforce Analytics / Data Scientist - Secaucus, New York, Boston, Chicago, or Cleveland preferred in United States
Title: Lead Workforce Analytics / Data Scientist - Secaucus, New York, Boston, Chicago, or Cleveland preferred
Location: United States
Job Number: SEC001AJ
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Global People Analytics team at EY has a clear mission - help the organization make better decisions about the future of its workforce by generating insights from data on our most precious asset – our people. Our work encompasses all aspects of EY’s global business, supporting our global functions, our geographies, and our service lines. As part of this effort, we tackle a variety of fascinating analytical questions: With the onset of robotics, what skills will we need to best serve EY clients in 5 years time? What changes to our staffing pyramids do we need to make to maintain profitability? What is the impact of formal/informal networks on productivity? What Talent programs drive the most impact on employee happiness, retention, and productivity? What does good look like?
To help us answer these questions, EY is seeking a high-caliber experienced professional with a focus on using advanced analytics tools and techniques to:
· Recommend optimal business strategies based on historical performance, predictive analytics and scenario based analysis
· Measure and quantify the impact of key Talent initiatives and tell the story behind the statistics
· Develop strong partnerships across the business to deliver complex messages and insights
· Drive the Talent analytics agenda with the business
The team is seeking high-caliber analytics professionals with a specific focus on data management, data investigation, predictive modeling, and data visualization. This is an important position requiring both technical knowledge and business awareness, providing challenging opportunities for motivated individuals to contribute to the strategic direction of achieving our Vision 2020 ambition.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Facilitate the deployment of workforce analytics methodologies used to drive key business decisions and investments across the our global member firms
· Accountable to lead analytics modeling projects and initiatives, engaging with key executives, and driving the overall consumption and reliance on analytics insights derived.
· Lead a virtual team of analytics professionals across multiple geographies to deliver projects to leaders across EY (Talent, Service Line, Markets etc)
· Lead the development of new innovative ideas for the application of advanced analytical techniques to EY data and business problems
· Provides consultative and analytic support in the implementation of workforce measurement initiatives.
· Work collaboratively with clients including Service Line Leaders and Global Talent Leaders to understand Talent analytics requirements, to understand the problem at hand, defines / executes the analytics approach, and communicates the insights and recommendations.
· Support global, service line and regional business with workforce analytics support
Provide technical expertise and consultation with analytics tools used in the business
· Apply advanced analytic tools and techniques including; text and sentiment analysis, sophisticated regression analyses, custom coding in R or Python, and machine learning techniques to solve challenging problems.
Supports the advancement of analytics used in the talent organization
· Challenge conventional thinking when it comes to measuring people driving to new insights and undiscovered value
· Develop, maintain and educate other team members on best practices for applying statistical or analytical tools
· Remain current on strategic workforce management tools, techniques, strategies and practices to provide effective and efficient consultative advice to business clients
· Research and review new analytics tools in the market to leverage and learn from
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills, including the capacity to think and act strategically
· Application and adherence to People Data Governance and Data Privacy polices
· Oversee the use and application of local data privacy and information security law across the EY organization
· Autonomously lead a team of analytics professionals (on shore and off shore) who solve complex problems with analytics extracting actionable insights to inform business strategy
· Identify and assign resources to projects form within direct reports, and across the HR Services function
· Mentor team in discovery, modeling, presentation and communications to tell the story behind the statistics
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Experience in applying analytics best practices to human capital problems and hypotheses.
· Experience and exposure to cross HR centers of excellence measurement including: employee listening surveys, recruiting, learning & development, diversity & inclusion
· Works on assignments of large scope and complexity, impacting regions or multiple regions or having organization wide impact
· Advanced knowledge and application of predictive modeling and statistical methods – such as R and/or SAS
· Experience in forecasting and workforce management modeling, statistical analysis, human capital analytics, data and trend analysis
· Advanced knowledge of Excel mandatory
· Practical knowledge of SQL, JAVA, HTML, D3, Spotfire a plus.
· Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities
· The ability to deal with and manage ambiguity and incomplete information
· Ability to successfully lead in a virtual team environment, working remotely with limited supervision
Communication and project management
· Experience working with business and HR leaders to facilitate discussions around human capital challenges
· Good verbal skills as well as communication and interpretation skills
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to provide independent thinking and challenge to the business and analytics status quo, high degree of professionalism and integrity
· Global travel may be required pending business needs.
· Frequent global interaction via collaboration tools outside normal business hours, depending on location
Prefer degree within a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, finance, economics, data science, industrial/organizational psychology) and post graduate degree preferred
5 years’ experience running workforce analytics projects within and outside of HR/Talent including direct experience with HR metrics, benchmarking, data analysis, headcount forecasting, budgeting