Scotiabank Senior Financial Advisor - Vancouver Island, BC in Victoria, British Columbia
Senior Financial Advisor - Vancouver Island, BC
Requisition ID: 7478
Branch / Department: [[HbranchDepartment]]
Transit Number: [[HtransitNumber]]
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Are you looking to manage complex customer portfolios using your expert knowledge of financial planning tools and resources? Can you take a proactive approach to customer relationship management? Are you looking to build your presentation and networking skills to drive business? Are you looking for a company with a solid training program and is committed to your career development? If you answered YES to these questions, then Scotiabank is where you want to be!
As a member of your branch sales team you are responsible for contributing to your branch’s overall success by meeting negotiated goals through effective management of your assigned portfolio of customers. Leading with a financial planning approach you develop opportunities to increase share of wallet from existing portfolios, and generate new customer acquisitions through referrals from assigned customers and Centres of Influence. Your defined goals will include sales targets and non-financial objectives related to teamwork, customer service, operational and compliance requirements, and personal development.
You will provide personable, efficient, straightforward and knowledgeable service throughout your daily interactions with all customers and bank employees to foster relationships of mutual trust, respect and confidence.
Canadian Banking provides a full suite of financial advice and solutions, supported by an excellent customer experience, to over 7.5 million personal and business customers across Canada through 1,037 branches, over 3,488 automated banking machines, as well as Internet, mobile and telephone banking, specialized sales teams, and third party.
• Proven sales success as demonstrated by exceeding sales targets,
• Demonstrated ability to proactively prospect and market for additional sources of business,
• Expert knowledge of retail banking products and services: Day to Day Banking, Borrowing and Creditor Insurance, Self Service banking and Investments,
• Holds self-accountable to high levels of customer service with a focus on maintaining and building strong customer relationships,
• You are highly organized and results oriented with demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a constantly changing environment,
• IT literacy
• Strong personal ethics.
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
• You have a College or University diploma/degree,
• You are required to have successfully completed a qualifying course of study that will enable registration with the provincial securities commission to obtain a license to sell mutual funds,
• Committed to work towards the successful completion of the CIFP Diploma in Financial Planning –Bank funded (or Bank recognized equivalent),
• Commitment to the completion of Continuing Education courses and activities.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.