Northwell Health Cook (PM) Westchester in Tarrytown, New York
Req Number 001HC2
Job Category Food Service
Under the direction of the Executive Chef and Assistant Director, Food & Nutrition Services, the Cook prepares food for patients, staff, meals-on-wheels, Phelps child care center and special functions. Provides support to the Executive Chef, ensures adherence to NYS, local Department of Health and other regulatory guidelines and provides for optimal customer satisfaction.
· High school diploma or GED required
· Culinary education preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform simple math calculations.
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English required.
· Three ( 3 ) years’ experience in high volume food preparation and production, preferably in a healthcare environment with room service and or hotel / restaurant cooking preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of sanitation and infection control standards.
· Current valid (per hospital policy) US driver‘s license required.
· Motor vehicle record acceptable to PMHC insurer standards.