Hilton Store/Purchasing Officer in Sydney, Australia
About West Hotel
West Hotel Sydney, Curio Collection by Hilton is Sydney’s newest premium hotel, opening December 2017.
Located near Barangaroo at 65 Sussex Street Sydney, West offers discerning corporate and leisure travellers a truly unique hotel experience with 182 designer rooms including four suites, a modern Australian restaurant and bar, a private meeting/dining room, stunning internal garden Atrium and a fully equipped gym.
About the Role
As Purchasing Officer, you will have the opportunity to utilise and develop your logistics, procurement and purchasing skills. You will support the negotiation of contracts, purchasing of required goods, and ensure records are kept up to date. You will also take responsibility for the storage and receiving of all items purchased for the hotel
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using Group Nominated suppliers where applicable
- Ensure locally Nominated supplier information is kept current
- Manage the database of active local contracts with suppliers
- Develop and analyse strategic plan in relation to purchasing, stock control and distribution for the Hotels, with a focus on maximising efficiencies and minimising wastage
- Maintain a record of commitments for all budgets and ensure that the relevant senior managers are constantly informed of updates
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations
- Prepare the month end accounts reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Hotel Management
This Position is for Australian residents only or applicants who have the legal right to work in Australia, visa sponsorship opportunities are not available.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should have the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values including:
- Ability to work within budgets
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management skills
- Well organised and methodical with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Passionate, innovative, exciting initiatives delivered with consistency and excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience in a similar purchasing role
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Ideal minimum of 1 year's previous experience within the hotel/leisure sector
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Procurement and Purchasing
Title: Store/Purchasing Officer
Requisition ID: HOT04JGR