Waste Management Sr Director, Customer Experience - Anywhere USA in Phoenix, Arizona
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Manages and oversees day-to-day regional contact center operations ensuring execution of processes and practices that will support the enterprise customer experience business goals. This position has responsibility for providing leadership, coaching and development of contact center operations, including inspecting performance trends and partnering with peers on workforce management, staffing, scheduling, training and projects designed to enhance overall customer experience and employee engagement. Accountable for relationship development with regional operations teammates to maintain and improve the customer experience.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Strategy and Execution
- Responsible for managing multi-site contact center operations, ensuring optimal staffing and scheduling conditions to meet projected customer servicing needs while achieving department and enterprise KPIs.
- Develop strategies and drive execution to improve efficiency, increase customer satisfaction, improve employee engagement and reduce operating expenses.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate the development and execution of customer service improvements.
- Responsible for regional and enterprise contact center performance KPIs.
- Prepare and present complex presentations.
Leadership and Planning
- Advocate on behalf of customers, employees and the contact center organization for all relevant initiatives - including enterprise-wide efforts - using data, performance and impact analyses to drive continuous improvement and mitigate operational risk.
- Build and maintain successful collaborative partnerships with leaders across the department and enterprise to achieve business objectives.
- Effectively lead direct team and influence CE and other teammates while driving performance as well as process improvements.
This position has oversight of multiple levels of management employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent business experience including 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Required: Extensive experience working within a fast-paced, challenging operations environment
- Required: Experience managing multi-site contact center operations
- Preferred: Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Preferred: Previous Waste Management or waste industry experience
B. Key Competencies Required
- Think Strategically
- Drive for Results
- Focus on Customers
- Influence Others
- Engage and Inspire
- Build Talent
- Inspire Trust
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Management experience in a contact center or production operations environment
- Highly effective leader with the ability to oversee a diverse array of activities and competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to effectively plan and execute projects to achieve business objectives
- Experience in leading/motivating a large, diverse workforce; must be able to build camaraderie/trust within and across organizations
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal), presentation skills and interpersonal and relationship skills
- Serve as a champion for the customer across the organization
- Strong project management skills; must be able to manage multiple programs at one time
- Advanced ability to obtain customer information and feedback to improve products, assess the cost/value implications and make recommendations
Majority of work performed within an office atmosphere. Frequent travel is required to support geographically dispersed team and initiatives.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Customer Support/Client Service Support
Title: Sr Director, Customer Experience - Anywhere USA
Requisition ID: 17010327