HSBC Private Client Relationshp Manager in Ontario, Canada
Employment Type: Regular
Private Client Relationship Manager - Jade by HSBC Premier
Global Vision. Local Focus. *
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations by taking on as much as you can handle, quickly. And you’ll enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth- driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focussed on growing customers locally with our unique products, we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world.
Our success is built on trust and dependability – qualities that define our behaviour and shape our character. The employees who thrive at HSBC are service focussed, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement.
A Day in the Life of a Private Client Relationship Manager of Jade *
Our Private Client Relationship Managers are dedicated to high net worth clients belonging to our JADE membership program. Jade by HSBC Premier is a unique premium global offering that provides members with a dedicated, personal and exclusive concierge banking experience that is designed to meet client’s complex financial needs and high expectations.
As a Private Client Relationship Manager, you own the relationship with our most valued clients where professionalism, client focus and an expert understanding of wealth planning and wealth products are critical to the success of the business. The role holder has a responsibility to acquire, develop and retain relationships with a portfolio of high net worth clients. From this practice, the role holder will build a network of referral. The Private Client Relationship Manager requires exceptional ability to build trusting relationships with existing and potential clients, help clients articulate their needs, and deliver to exceed client expectations. Success requires getting to know clients on a personal and professional level to understand their short and long term financial goals. They will use deep understanding of the client’s situation and external market knowledge to provide financial advice which leads to highly individualised strategies aimed at wealth creation and capital preservation.
The role will entail reviewing client portfolios regularly to identify opportunities to use the distinctive capabilities of HSBC, spanning lines of business and geography, to the advantage of the client. Understanding and adhering to local and global compliance requirements is critical. In delivering the business objectives the role holder must also maintain the high levels of operational integrity required by HSBC and adhere to the Business Principles and Values of HSBC.
- Delivering a consistent and tailored wealth management service to our valued clients.
- Maintain the highest standards of excellence in client service by providing professional care and expert financial advice that results in clients considering HSBC as their primary bank.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients based on credibility, reliability and personal interest.
- Acquiring new clients with proactive strategic wealth planning to maintain and grow the business.
- Lead Jade by Premier activities to ensure opportunities are identified and client needs are met effectively, maximising all available resources. Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 primary clients.
- Work with the broader branch network, support and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance by delivering differentiated wealth products and services to the client.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of relevant products and services and how they might be tailored to provide the best solutions for clients.
- Deliver optimal outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Compliance with all relevant global standards including Regulatory organizations.
Learn more about HSBC
Our size and global reach means we offer many ways to develop your career at HSBC, locally and internationally.
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
Be a part of the Team
At HSBC, how we do business is as important as what we do. For us, sustainability means building our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make. Our approach to sustainability focuses on three areas: sustainable finance, sustainable operations and sustainable communities. In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Key to success in this role
A successful candidate for this role will be someone who has the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver in accordance to HSBC’s values. You will also have the following experience:
Minimum of eight years proven and progressive financial services experience, and at least 3 years as Relationship Manager for high net worth clients.
- Provide the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients. Strong client focus and ability to develop long term partnerships
- Evidence of strong client recommendation and sales results in wealth and banking/lending products.
- Expert knowledge in wealth planning and wealth products.
- Expert knowledge of external regulatory framework relevant to wealth management.
- Ability to deliver needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills.
- Willingness to work with Compliance, Credit & Risk and Internal Control to ensure a balanced risk operating environment.
- Second language is an asset.
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships with the local community as well as to give back to the local community.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Mutual Fund Licensing a must and Certified Financial Planner strongly preferred.
Job: *Wealth Management.
Title: Private Client Relationshp Manager
Requisition ID: 0000941I