Scotiabank Senior Analyst, Collections Analytics in North York, Ontario
Senior Analyst, Collections Analytics
Requisition ID: 3428
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
You will contribute to the overall success of the National Collection Center in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. You will ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• The manager will provide actionable insights to improve portfolio and collections performance. This includes providing customer segmentation, portfolio reporting and monitoring, strategy performance assessment, operational dashboards, as well as loss and delinquency performance. The manager closely monitors operational KPI’s to ensure consistency in execution & trends, identifying root causes for performance fluctuations.
• Management of data analysis requests. This involves gathering of business requirements from stakeholders, determining data sources, analyzing data, confirming findings and presenting results to key stakeholders, while meeting stakeholder expectations
• Ensuring integrity of data used for analysis, reconciling data sources and developing quality checks as part of the analysis development process. Being familiar with reporting definitions between data sources to be best positioned to understand reporting variability. Addressing data anomalies and creating resolutions to correct where necessary.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• University degree in a quantitative or business discipline
• 5+ years’ experience in Analytics or MIS/Reporting
• 5+ years of experience with SQL and thorough understanding of relational databases
• Experience with analytics tools such as: SAS, R, Python, Tableau
• Proficiency with MS Office (MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
• VBA programming is an asset
• Interpersonal skills, with an ability to maintain strong and influential relationships with business area managers and executives.
• Presents and articulates views clearly and convincingly without overwhelming the audience with data.
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail, able to work independently through obstacles.
• Knowledge of Collections processes and systems is an asset
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.