Northwell Health Sr Analyst Service Line in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001F8H
Job Category General Administration
1. Leads and guides lower level Analyst in the completion of assigned tasks.
2. Coordinates monthly statistical reports, reviews and performs analyses to assist in monitoring service line performance. Compiles and maintains monthly service line statistics by hospital. Works with hospital Directors to coordinate volume, revenue and expense related information and trends.
3. Assists in coordinating projects planning, support documents, presentation of deliverables and implementation of a more complex nature.
4. Assesses financial and operational reports (monthly budget reports, internal departmental reports, average length of stay reports, physician reports) and performs relevant analyses. Translates complex financial and operational data into understandable format.
5. Participates in development of short and long term action plans including but not limited to goals and objectives, resource requirements, and completion schedules for assigned projects. Assists in the development of standardized data collection, the use of benchmark data and reports across system hospitals.
6. Assists in the development of computerized databases to support the service line.
7. Supports service line operational initiatives and program development.
8. Identifies and supplies analysis of cost saving opportunities including the support of Procurement initiatives.
9. Assists in the development and presentation of hospital annual budgets for the Service Line. Prepares relevant data requirements, analytical support and other follow-up for presentations including but not limited to tables, charts and graphs.
Supports the Service Line committees and meetings.
Maintains a strong understanding of the Service Line and its clinical components including but not limited to the service line financial and clinical classifications.
Maintains awareness of regulatory changes and potential impacts to the service line.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
· Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or related field, required. Master’s Degree highly preferred to ensure analytical and project management techniques and principles.
Minimum of five (5) years experience in planning and financial analysis, required. Related computer applications, required.