MAXIMUS Clinical Standards Lead in Manchester, United Kingdom
The Health Assessment Advisory Service run by CHDA (Centre of Health and Disability Services operated by MAXIMUS) arranges and carries out assessments for DWP. The purpose of the assessment is to understand how an illness or disability affects a person’s daily life. After the assessment, DWP makes the decision as to whether the individual will receive any benefits.
Clinical Standards Lead is a Professional role within Operations, reporting to the AC Manager or Team Performance Leader.
The Clinical Standards Lead conducts face-to-face healthcare assessments and examinations and produces concise reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team. In addition to performing assessments, the Clinical Standards Lead provides clinical coaching and mentorship to new and tenured HCPs, typically in his/her assessment centre. The Clinical Standards Lead supports the AC Manager in delivering quality, productivity, and applicable service level targets by providing clinical expertise and judgment. The Clinical Standards Lead is called upon to provide Stage 3 training to new hires and ongoing informal ‘on the job’ training to new hires, audit, case review and ‘on the spot’ coaching to new and tenured HCPs, and may be required to deliver classroom trainings to new HCPs.
• Conducts face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits; undertakes file-work and provides reports to the DWP.
• Mentors and coaches HCPs in the centre and is the first point of contact for clinical questions and issues.
• Escalates clinical questions through appropriate channels and communicating resolution back to the HCP team.
• Analyses and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner
• Provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims
• Undertake recorded assessments where required
• Use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations
• Liaise with AC Manager and Team Performance Leaders to develop and embed best practices
• Attendance at Stakeholder and Customer meetings in region as and when required by the Regional Director
• Audit and review cases and provide ‘on the spot’ feedback to new and tenured HCPs
• Provide Stage 3 training to new HCPs as required
• Provide classroom training to new HCPs as required
• Other ad hoc duties as required
• Acted as a registered healthcare practitioner [nurse, physician, physiotherapist, occupational therapist] in a CHDA assessment centre or equivalent
• Able to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff
• Able to apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the appropriate governing body Code of Conduct
• Complies with all applicable continuous professional development requirements
• Able to effectively coach and mentor HCPs to improve / maintain performance standards
• Able to ensure that professional practice standards and “best practice” are maintained in all areas of work
• Able to deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback
• Qualified to deliver Stage 3 training
• Qualified to perform CHDA case audits and able to provide instruction on how to write reports that meet A grade requirements
• Flexible and adaptable
• Able to understand, anticipate and meet immediate and medium-term customer and client needs
• Able to collaborate effectively with others to drive a performance culture
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, adapt communication to audience needs, and able to interact constructively with a range of audiences
• Able to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful interactions
CHDA is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Requisition ID: 2017-23432
Post End Date: 26/5/2017
Contract Type: Permanent
External Company URL: www.maximus.com