Humana Innovative Contracting Strategic Consultant in Louisville, Kentucky
Role: Innovative Contracting Strategic Consultant
Organization: Humana Pharmacy Solutions
Location: Louisville, KY or Work at Home
The Innovative Contracting Strategic Consultant will provide overall leadership and direction to expand Humana’s working relationship with pharmaceutical manufacturers. The role will be critical in developing innovative and future strategic relationships with manufacturers.
- Leading cross functional areas across Humana to build the strategic alignment with key pharmaceutical manufacturers to develop innovative partnerships.
- Monitoring the pharmaceutical manufacturer landscape for competitive intelligence to allow Humana to improve its competitive positioning within the healthcare marketplace.
- Developing and implementing risk or outcomes based contract strategy to allow Humana and the manufacturer to develop the overall healthcare value statement for a particular medication therapy and to incorporate into Humana’s drug review assessment.
Providing leadership to improve, coordinate, consolidate and innovate manufacturer relationships across all of Humana’s companies.
Acts Strategically: You foster a consistent understanding of strategy, translate it into defined plans, and "stay the course" to implement it, while anticipating and identifying where change is needed.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
Leadership: You inspire extraordinary results by: engaging associates, valuing diversity and shaping culture to support a high performance environment. Sees the Whole System : You understand and effectively influence the multiple processes and components of the organization, its stakeholders and environment; acting in ways that optimize business performance.
Role Essentials :
- 5-7 years of managed care experience with established pharma relationships
- Experience managing complex and multiple programs and projects
- Strong process experience with excellent analytical skills
- Proven record of identifying process gaps and implementing improvements
- Effective negotiating skills specific to achieving favorable results
Strategic thinking, problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills
Research (economics/outcomes) experience
You will report to the Director of Trade Relations
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Title: Innovative Contracting Strategic Consultant
Other Locations: US-KY-Louisville
Requisition ID: 181429
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our full accessibility rights information and language options.