McGraw Hill Financial Associate Director - In-Business Controls in London, United Kingdom
In-Business Control (Operating Office) – London
As Associate, In-Business Control (Operating Office) of S&P Global Ratings you will support the In-Business Control team within the Operating Office function, based either in New York or London. Depending on the experience of the candidate, we would consider hiring this role at an Associate Director (grade 12) level, and adapt the role specification appropriately.
In this role you will:
• Support projects to remediate findings from external regulators and internal control functions
• Partner with colleagues across the Data, IT, Operations, and Analytic organizations to:
o Respond accurately and on a timely basis to requests for information
o Conduct effective root cause and impact analysis
o Provide fact-based interpretation and analysis of findings and knowledge based recommendations to management
o Draft effective management action plans (MAPs) that appropriately address the finding or concern
o Design appropriate people, process and - or technology changes and validate with relevant stakeholders
o Drive changes through to completion, including, where applicable, drafting or updating procedure manuals and policies, reviewing IT user stories and overseeing change management - training activities
o Conduct a post-implementation review of the effectiveness of remediation
• Help to track the status of MAPs and support the reporting of MAPs to senior management.
• Additionally, and as required, the role also involves the following:
o Strengthen the monitoring of our key controls across the Operating Office
o Strengthen the governance of findings and action plans
o Strengthen the analysis and reporting of operating risk data for the Operating Office
Assist Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services to move from reactive and localized remediation to more strategic, proactive and global operations; to make strong controls a business advantage by enhancing S&P’s compliance behavior; and to minimize operational risk while streamlining processes.
Your Career Opportunity:
This role supports very high work, with ongoing interaction with stakeholders across the business. You will enjoy an extremely varied and deadline-driven experience and is best suited for those seeking a challenging but rewarding role.
The Team and Business:
The In-Business Control (Operating Office) team is a relatively new team within the Operating Office with scope to expand. This team plays a crucial role in protecting and enhancing Standard & Poor’s franchise.
• Experience in a similar or equivalent role
• Broad understanding of the ratings process, including knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and Policies, is a distinct advantage
• Able to influence stakeholders across the organization
• Able to speak effectively in small and large-group settings and to write clearly in internal memos, presentations and e-mails and in formal letters to regulators
• Able to solve complex problems in operations and takes a new perspective using existing solutions
• Able to assess the effectiveness of a process control and propose ways to strengthen it
• Able to document and analyze a process, with Visio skills a bonus
• Proficient in process engineering and lean management methodology
• Experience in successfully working within mid- to large-scale projects
• Competent project management capabilities and experience in driving IT enhancements or projects
• Able to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment
• Able to be flexible in an ever-changing work schedule
• Strong attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE:
SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com - ratings.