Hilton Project Director (Architecture, Design & Contruction) - Turkey in Istanbul, Turkey
The Project Director will be the principal point of contact and be focused on ensuring a smooth and trouble-free delivery of the highest quality property. The Project Director will be committed to increasing efficiencies, improving communications, and assembling reliable information for our owners, industry partners and Hilton.
To act as the principal point of contact for internal Hilton departments and owner teams during the design, construction, opening and post opening stages of the pipeline developments to ensure all brand standard requirements are understood, met and incorporated into the scheme.
The role will be based in Istanbul, Turkey and will be responsible for projects in Turkey and a number of other countries within Eastern Europe. As such the role will require extensive travel in this region.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for.
What will I be doing?
Project Management Activities 80%
• Management of design and construction process on pipeline developments within Europe, including new developments, conversions and renovations of existing hotels.
• Manage and comply with the project management process as detailed in the AD&C development pathway from pre-signature phase through to the completion of the post opening phase.
• Preparing internal Hilton reports on a monthly basis.
• Undertake full and comprehensive review of architectural, engineering and fit-out documents and proposals at all stages of the design and construction process: Preliminary, 50% and 100% stages. Preparing associated reports and correspondence.
• Work effectively with developers, owners and project design consultants to optimize design, construction and opening of projects.
• Liaise and assist the in-house development and brand teams in the securing of new projects, throughout the region, by the reviewing of plans, specifications and scheme proposals for technical compliance with Hilton design and construction standards, brand standards and all relevant national and international codes, prior to contract.
• Make technical design and construction recommendations to the development team in order to ensure that potential projects are in accordance with both technical and brand standards.
• Following the agreement of either Lease, Franchise or Management Contracts, provide project leadership on behalf of Hilton and act as main liaison and focus point between the in-house specialists, the owner and their design teams, to ensure the free flow of information and design input from Hilton throughout the design development and construction periods.
• Raising all areas of non-compliance with Franchisee and Owner (where applicable) and ensuring that appropriate measures are taken to rectify any such non-compliance.
• Carry out regular site inspections of the project works in progress, to insure full compliance with Hilton design and construction and operational standards, as well as ensuring compliance with acceptable standards of finishes and quality of workmanship throughout the duration of the works.
• Supervise outside consultants as required during the course of any project works to Hilton Brands.
• Provide regular written reports on the progress, in respect of contractual and physical progress, as required in oral, written or digital presentational formats
• Oversee and assist in the snagging inspections and production of snagging lists and the post-handover defects correction period inspections, to ensure the owner team’s full compliance with their contractual obligations through to the final completion of the project.
• Inspect the works, collate and prepare all necessary project handover information and certification required by the Hilton project management procedures.
• Participate in the decision making process regarding the opening of the hotel by advising whether or not all physical related activities are complete and owner obligations discharged.
Property Improvement Plan (PIP) Management 20%
• Occasionally, undertake property inspections of existing hotels for the purposes of acquisition, rebranding or conversion into a Hilton brand, along with the preparation of a detailed PIP report that describes the current status of the hotel and the scope of works required in order to bring the property up to the required Hilton standards for possible rebranding into one of the Hilton brands.
• Provide technical advice to the brand ion the agreement of the scope of the PIP works.
• Provide technical support to the brand and development teams in the explanation of the PIP to the owner team.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• To be aware of business and commercial opportunities for Hilton
• To conduct competitor and industry analysis and produce reports and recommendations to enhance Hilton's project management processes, procedures, standards, etc
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must be able to read and understand drawings and Design and Construction Standards and all other criteria established by Hilton to determine the physical requirements of all Brands.
• Must be able to read, understand and report on architectural and engineering construction documents, specifications, construction submittals, bulletins, change orders, etc in order to ensure that the design and construction of projects are in compliance with established standards.
• Excellent general knowledge of design and construction materials and methods and specific knowledge pertaining to the design and construction of full service and focused service hotels.
• Knowledge of the hotel operating contracts and models is desirable. One of the challenging aspects of this position is the need to communicate openly and honestly with Hilton’s partners, maintain a good working relationship with them, but be able to deal with problems when confronted with a design and construction issue which does not meet Hilton’s requirements.
• Excellent communication skills: presentations, written and public speaking.
Ability to work independently and lead a project team and make effective and timely decisions on behalf of Hilton project stakeholders.
• Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources.
• Ability to analyse departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions.
• Lead by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others
• Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
• Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others.
• Ability to provide development and mentoring to others.
• Budget development and management skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage the work of others.
• Ability to deliver performance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance.
• Capable of conversing with both technical and non-technical parties.
• Experience in dealing with developers, owners and other corporate clients.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
The role requires fluent Turkish language skill and extensive travel (approximately 50%) within Turkey and the Eastern European Region
• University degree in engineering, architecture, building or quantity surveying or construction-related discipline or experience in lieu.
• Recognised professional qualification in construction related discipline.
• Significant work experience in property, engineering design and/or construction related roles including management experience and/or experience working within a Client organisation.
• Significant experience working in hotel development and construction related experience ideally within an international hotel group.
• Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings.
• An understanding of local building codes, European and International (NFPA) Fire Life Safety codes.
• Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, construction project programming software
• Fluency in Turkish and English
• In-depth knowledge of construction projects and track record of successful project delivery
• Supervisory experience would be advantageous
• Proficiency with Autocad software
• Be able to show previous project management experience and be capable of both the leading and monitoring of outside consultants.
• Other European languages would also beneficial but not essential.
Job: Architecture, Design and Construction
Title: Project Director (Architecture, Design & Contruction) - Turkey
Requisition ID: EUR0135F