Hilton Hospitality Attendant - Part-Time - Bilingual (Japanese/English) in Honolulu, Hawaii
What will I be doing?
A Bilingual Hospitality Attendant with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for setting up and maintaining the Ocean View Terrace buffet in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Setting up Ocean View Terrace buffet as instructed by the manager to include retrieving ice to set up cold bar, setting up heating units for food warmers, retrieving needed supplies and the arrangement of these items in an aesthetically appealing manner for guest satisfaction.
Visually inspecting station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness. Ensures all equipment is cleaned and all food is properly stored at the end of the shift.
Retrieving needed food/supplies from the kitchen and transporting to Ocean View Terrace buffet in a timely and efficient manner.
Recommending and describing food items to guests in a clear, courteous and friendly voice.
Clearing tables of dirty dishes, plates, linens and utensils. Ensuring cleanliness of surrounding tables and buffet.
Maintaining inventory and ordering supplies for food, beverage, linen and flowers.
Tallying and presenting check to guest in a prompt and courteous manner.
Greet guests and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
- Fluency in Japanese and English languages
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experience, with ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of customer service best practices
- Must have open availability and be able to work on-call as needed (**please note that in this role you may work from 0 to 20 hours per week; work schedule is based on seniority and hours are not guaranteed)
- Strong knowledge of Hawaii
- Food & Beverage experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate and Hawaii Liquor Commission yellow card
- Hepatitis A immunization or vaccination certificate required
- CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with Hilton Hawaiian Village's grooming standards
- Due to the immediate nature of this opening, only applicants who are currently residing in the state of Hawaii will be considered. No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship is available.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good knowledge of Hawai’i
- Must have basic knowledge of food preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, and communicate with guests to explain menu items.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to transport items weighing a maximum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on a variety of floor surfaces, i.e., sloped, slippery surfaces.
- Ability to perform duties in extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to operate coffee and toast equipment.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Hospitality Attendant - Part-Time - Bilingual (Japanese/English)
Requisition ID: HOT0472X