JPMorgan Chase Tableau and Database Engineer in Columbus, Ohio
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Our business: We are part of Risk & Finance Technology Line of Business. Our group is responsible for providing risk measurement and reporting services for the firm. We measure market risk, credit risk and other aspects of financial risk, provide stress-testing services for the firm’s trading portfolios and produce risk metrics that are used across front office, middle office, and several senior managers across the firm. In addition, the group is also responsible for providing finance support for the entire firm.
Our Team: The Data Acquisition (DA) Team is responsible for sourcing data from across the firm into the Risk & Finance repositories, reconcile the data to the authoritative sources, make adjustments for data gaps, storage and distribution of the data. The team deals with large volumes of data with databases to the tune of 100TB+ in both Oracle and Exadata. The tech stack is primarily Java/J2EE, Abinitio/Informatica, Databases (Oracle/Exadata), Reporting (BusinessObjects, Tableau) etc.. A major multi-year initiative is started to build common frameworks and applications to support data convergence across Risk & Finance platforms.
As a Senior Tableau developer in Data Acquisition Platform team, the candidate will assist to create Dashboards, workbooks and integrate Dashboards in Portal. Work with business analysts and other groups to understand the requirements and convert them into reports and dashboards. The core responsibilities of this position include: Analysis of BRD/FRD and Technical Specification Documents, follow-up with the Business Analyst and Arch teams on the issues resolutions, participate in the design and project meetings, develop reports, dashboard and batch jobs, and perform unit test, provide support and bug fixes during system and user testing, deployment of code to production. Perform Level 3 production support.
• Programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects
• Participate in design reviews and provide alternatives
• Conduct code reviews and make sure quality solutions are built and best Practices/standards have been followed
• Troubleshoot systems production/performance issues under tight deadlines
• Responsible for on-time delivery of high-quality code
• System test planning and system test execution.
• Support QA phase by tracking and assigning defects to development team; work with QA leads to schedule fixes and builds and enable QA to be successful
• Implementation and warranty support.
• Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design and development processes
• Identify ways to increase efficiency of production support - Find solutions that allow operations to better do their job without involving development resource time.
• Works with other team members, including DBA's, ETL Team, Technical Architects, QA and Business Analysts to define the best solution.
• Insure that solutions are not one-offs, but can be leverage across the organization
• Conceptualize and build dashboards that are simple
• 8 + years of overall Application Development Experience
• Strong technical knowledge with minimum 5 years’ experience in Tableau, EXT JS and Database
• SQL and Big Data Experience: Java, Spark, Hadoop
• Experience to integrate Dashboards with Portal
• Experience working with Tableau Desktop and Server
• Strong SQL skills
• Capability to provide attractive presentation
• Solid understanding of data visualization fundamentals
• Strong knowledge in Tableau Dashboard Architecture and implementation
• knowledge of relational databases and data modeling
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Finance / Computer Science / Information Technology is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience using Tableau and other BI tools
• Must have experience in integrating Dashboards in Portal
• Knowledge of release management, version and revision control practices and procedures
• Strong knowledge of development life cycles
• Strong designing, coding, testing and debugging skills
• Must have full life-cycle experience in large, global multi-tiered systems, preferably in the financial industry
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.