JPMorgan Chase Business Analyst in Columbus, Ohio
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Technology Controls (TC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls and IT Risk agendas with a focus on risk reduction, stability, security, delivery, resiliency and efficiencies. TC’s focus on standardization, consistency and simplicity fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across JPMorgan Chase. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Cloud Controls, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management.
Global Identity & Access Management
Global Identity and Access Management provides identity and access management solutions for the firm's infrastructure and applications. The team ensures that appropriate access controls are in place and applied effectively and continuously.
As a Business Analyst in Technology Controls you will be a member of a cross functional team that defines and delivers new features and functionality to improve the controls enforced by our suite of applications.
• Working with key stakeholders to identify the solutions that meet their needs
• Advising stakeholders on options, risks, and aligning of priorities
• Collaborating and partnering with Audit and control teams
• Participating in audits and providing responses
• Mentoring or leading other team members
• Defining user stories and acceptance criteria
• Obtaining stakeholder signoff
• Leading cross functional feature teams in the delivery of new functionality
• Creating user help for end users and internal support teams
• Performing card (user story) sign-off
• Providing direction for testing of new functionality
• Facilitating implementation of new functionality through training and demonstrations
• Collaborating with business users and technology partners at all levels
Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
5+ years of technical Business Analysis experience within a SDLC; desired Agile methods
Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions and ability to present recommended solutions to all levels of the organization
Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
Ability to lead in a matrixed organizational structure
Demonstrated self-starter with good judgment and resourcefulness
Experience performing detailed data analysis, including ability to create, run, and modify SQL queries
Understanding of data integration and reporting
Experience with process and technical documentation
Interest in information security and knowledge of Identity and Access Management controls
Understanding of Cloud Technology and its core components
One or more security-related certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, etc
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.