Bank of America Senior Cyber Threat Actor Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
As an experienced professional, performs research and analysis searching for indications of advanced threat actors existing on the network. Works with the Cyber Security Research and Development team to operationalize new and innovative techniques of discovering advanced threat actors. Works with Cyber Security Operations to ensure there are good data sources to enrich hunting capabilities. Communicates effectively both vertically and laterally.
• Must have strong information security analytical skills
• Must understand typical threat actor profiles, the typical indicators associated with those profiles, and be able to synthesize the two to develop innovative techniques to detect threat actor activity
• Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
• Must be able to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms.
• Must have solid DFIR background
• Must be able to both work independently as well as effectively work in teams with individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds
Must have people management skills
• Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
• Experience setting up infrastructure to support Hunt Team operations
• Previous experience working in the financial industry
Enterprise role overview:
Directs multiple / major technology teams within Information Security that research, engineer, develop, implement, communicate, monitor, and maintain the information security (authentication, perimeter security, security & compliance tools, etc), & directory technology systems (software & hardware) and security policies / procedures. Utilizes in-depth technical / project knowledge and business requirements to design / direct secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Serves as organization spokesperson with other technology or business groups. Exercises independent judgment in directing staff to achieve results. Works independently with directions / goals from the Information Security Technology Executive. Typically 7-10 years of experience, including people management responsibility.
Posting Date : 07/31/2017
Location : US-IL-Chicago, US-NC-Charlotte
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.