Hilton Supervisor - Front Desk in Burlingame, California
Oversees front desk operations. Provides guest service, guidance and leadership to ensure consistent customer service is provided. Assigns and instructs team members in details of work. Monitors lobby traffic to make staffing adjustments accordingly. Resolves customer complaints. Trains, supervises, schedules and assists in evaluating staff.
What will I be doing?
Average percent of the time
Assign and instruct Guest Service Agents, Operators and Bell Attendants in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor lobby traffic to make staffing adjustments accordingly.
Manage front desk operations by completing a checklist of important daily tasks, determining room and rate availability and making decisions that are in the best interest of the hotel. Assist Guest Service Agents, Operators, Reservation Agents, Bell Attendants and other departments with any questions or requests.
Resolve customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and the most effective resolution. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after alternative solutions have been offered.
Prepare and conduct daily pre-shift meetings, communicate effectively with all staff and provide them with any information necessary to provide guest service in accordance with Hilton standards.
Monitor performance of staff with performance evaluations and discipline issues. Make
recommendations for training related issues when inconsistencies develop at the Front Desk.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director or Assistant Director
- Complete daily checklists of duties, to assure that appropriate reports are filed, and use analysis and judgment skills when preparing room discrepancy report.
- Pre Register all VIP’s and Hilton Honors Reservations so that the rooms may be inspected, and at the same time to ensure amenities are delivered to the correct rooms.
- Transmit daily HHonors and airline bonus mileage accounts.
- Prepare daily forecast of expected arrivals and departures using analysis and judgment skills.
- Operation of office equipment such as facsimile and photocopier as needed.
- Respond promptly to guest requests for a supervisor of manager.
Assimilate into The Hilton Family PRIDE/CARE culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all element of PRIDE/CARE. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Supervisor - Front Desk
Requisition ID: HOT04JYB