JPMorgan Chase Global Compliance Operations - KYC QA Project Manager/Business Analyst - Associate in Brooklyn, New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
The Global Compliance Operations (GCO) organization provides management and oversight associated with operational support for Global Compliance including the development of operational centers of excellence for compliance functions which are operational in nature including: Alert Operations (Level 1 Alerts Disposition), OFAC/Client Screening, Due Diligence, Look Backs, Disclosure of Interest, Account Activity Reviews, Personal Account Dealing, Licensing & Registration and Quality Assurance.
GCO is responsible for supporting and leading aspects of the firm's Know Your Customer (KYC) program. The team works closely with the Program Management Office, Global Financial Crimes Compliance and the enterprise-wide control program teams to identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are made. The company's responsibilities related to every business, function and region - and apply to every customer and client of the firm.
The KYC QA Project Manager/Business Analyst is responsible for project execution throughout the project life cycle.
• Participating in strategic planning and execution of a strategy; implementing tactical solutions to meet goals for the department
• Facilitating business requirements and functional design discussions with Business Owners / requestors
• Researching and documenting current state processes and applying appropriate changes to support business requests/needs
• Developing process flows for strategic initiatives and assisting in the development of target operating models
• Conducting research and thorough analyses of data
• Contributing to the translation of business requirements into functional design
• Communicating issues effectively with internal team members, Team Leads and Business Partners through project implementation
• Engaging with the line operations team throughout implementation of projects
• Actively engaging in project requirement meetings:
o Influencing requirements through analysis; providing thoughtful input to insure business needs are met
o Identifying and documenting project gaps, impacts, and risks
o Working to ensure all business requirements are accounted for
• Escalating project issues and risks appropriately
• Managing work streams, small projects or other program initiatives, with moderate to low supervision
• Collaborating on user experience and business strategy
• Contributing to idea creation and project execution
• Monitor project post-execution and ensure long term implementation
• Capturing and communicating lessons learned from a project and applying them to future business requirements
• 3-5 years experience in the Financial Services industry with a demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in Compliance/AML and KYC subject matter
• Demonstrated experience with strategic planning
• Ability to self-develop and independently problem solve under strict deadlines
• Proactive, strong attention to details
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven project management experience with documenting and writing business requirements and project plans
• Collaborates effectively with colleagues and other support partners
• Experience with facilitating meetings among stakeholders on various levels within the organization
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.