JPMorgan Chase Business Management, Metrics, Reporting, and Solutions in Brooklyn, New York
The Chief Administrative Office Operations team supports compliance, and manages and maintains reference data to ensure that our customers, employees, and lines of business are in adherence with firm standards and required regulations.
CAO Operations Metrics and Reporting Associate is responsible for the continued development and optimization of comprehensive senior management metrics and reporting which form an integral part of the governance, oversight and controls program. The Metrics and Reporting team is responsible for the collection, review, and presentation of information on a scheduled and ad hoc basis, and for driving key disciplines throughout the organization such as accuracy, efficiency, and consistency. The team liaises with information owners and key partners across the organization and across the firm (e.g., Compliance, Technology, Firmwide Data Management) and designs and delivers timely, accurate and consistent information to management, which is also shared with Compliance, governance committees and regulators.
The team is responsible for the collection, consolidation, and production of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc metrics across CAO Operations and Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) supporting a number of governance forums across the firm.
• Collect, review and aggregate metric data across CAO Operations and Compliance functions/regions for reporting critical information into concise and meaningful reports for senior and executive management
• Oversee the production and distribution of weekly, monthly and ad hoc senior management reports and presentations
• Lead deep dive analysis where key metrics have yet to be fully developed and provide insight into the development of meaningful measures
• Engage in various data analytics functions across the firm from multiple sources and formats
• Identify areas of improvement in the development of metrics and work with the relevant stakeholders to determine suitable solutions
• Work with key stakeholders to develop processes and procedures to support the collection of metric data and the controls to ensure high quality
• Proactively communicate reporting modifications and process changes to contributors based on senior management requests and personal observations.
• Ensure key trends, issues and watch items are brought forward from the metrics into management summaries clearly.
• Assist in real-time risk detection and communicate escalation items to executive management to improve transparency and enhance control monitoring.
• Partner with technology on identifying and implementing solutions for automation working closely CAO Operations stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
• 2-5+ years of experience in Controls, Compliance, Data or Risk position, preferably in the financial services industry
• Experience in data analysis, metrics design/development and reporting
• Management experience leading teams – includes people and performance management
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to present to any level of management
• Self motivated individual that demonstrates initiative
• Experience in process improvement
• A high-level of attention to detail and quality assurance.
• Proven ability to be able to multi-task, as well as assess and change priorities.
• Able to deliver projects consistently, problem solve and think strategically under pressure
• Team player with ability to build strong cross-business relationships – proven flexibility, adaptability, and reliability
• Highly organized, extremely detailed and control orientated
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent PC Skills including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Understanding of regulatory and compliance environment and lifecycle is a positive
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.