HSBC Premier Relationship Manager in British Columbia, Canada
Employment Type: Regular
Global Vision. Local Focus. *
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations by taking on as much as you can handle, quickly. And you’ll enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth- driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focussed on growing customers locally with our unique products, we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world.
Our success is built on trust and dependability – qualities that define our behaviour and shape our character. The employees who thrive at HSBC are service focussed, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement.
A Day in the Life of a Premier Relationship Manager
As a Premier Relationship Manager, you own the relationship with our highest value clients. The Premier segment typically comprises clients with Total Relationship Balances of $100k or more. A broad understanding of the fundamentals of financial planning, an excellent client service and professionalism are critical to the success of the business. You are responsible for acquiring, developing and retaining relationships with Premier clients, working with the broader branch and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures and plan (as defined by the Retail Business and Wealth Management business).
- Actively manage a portfolio of typically between 350 to 550 Premier clients, acquire new HSBC clients and upgrade existing clients through becoming the trusted advisor to them. You are accountable for the performance of your portfolio and need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by HSBC Group.
- Establish and agree client contact strategies in line with Group operating models.
- Review the portfolio regularly to ensure the solutions are still suitable to meet clients’ needs and embed client loyalty by meeting their current and long term needs either directly or through other internal business partners.
- Refer non-qualified business to appropriate parties following proposition protocol and attract business with new clients by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering wealth solutions as an adviser are amongst the key activities to achieve your goals.
- Monitor and act on daily sales activity management information and other internal information tools, using them to coach the wider Branch team in support of business goals.
- Maintain the levels of operational integrity required by HSBC Group, closely managing your individual and the collective performance of your wider team.
- Build a high personal and corporate profile in the community in which you are based. Develop network of Group and External professional contacts with the aim of introducing new business, enhancing technical knowledge and promoting the brand.
- Create and maintain an environment and relationships where you and the wider Branch team maximise performance in achieving the Retail Banking and Wealth Management business objectives.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Agree and manage lending facilities within any agreed Approval Authority.
- Adhere to selling process and sales quality requirements. Ensuring the fair treatment of our clients is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- Adhere to control standards, identify and manage the risks associated with the client relationship globally. These risks include but are not limited to credit risk, operational risk, financial crime (Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering) risk, and reputational risk.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Learn more about HSBC
Our size and global reach means we offer many ways to develop your career at HSBC, locally and internationally.
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
Be a part of the Team
At HSBC, how we do business is as important as what we do. For us, sustainability means building our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make. Our approach to sustainability focuses on three areas: sustainable finance, sustainable operations and sustainable communities. In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Key to success in this role
The key success to this role is someone who has the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver in accordance to HSBC’s values.
- Excellent sales and people management skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role with similar client group.
- Client driven with a strong focus on quality of service.
- Strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability.
- Qualifications in financial planning and wealth management highly desirable.
- The jobholder forms an integral part of the wider HSBC management team. As part of this wider team, your are expected to identify opportunities in your day to day activities that directly or indirectly contribute to the success of colleagues with differing responsibilities, particularly in other areas of HSBC such as Commercial and Private Bank.
Job: *Retail / Branch Banking
Title: Premier Relationship Manager
Location: Canada-British Columbia-Westbank
Requisition ID: 00009525