Hilton Director of Finance - New Zealand in Auckland, New Zealand
About the role
As Director of Finance, New Zealand, you will lead the Finance teams to ensure the effective management of accounts, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations, in order to optimise the profitability of your designated properties; Hilton Auckland, Hilton Lake Taupo, Hilton Queenstown, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Queenstown and Chateau on the Park - Christchurch, a DoubleTree by Hilton.
Reporting to the Senior Regional Director of Finance Australasia with a dotted report line to the Hotel General Managers, you will provide financial support, advice and expertise to the General Managers and Directors and Hotel teams, with the aim of maximising value.
You will be responsible for all accounting and financial requirements and systems for the Hotel in an environment of tight control. Providing financial support, advice and expertise to the General Manager and Hotel Team, with the aim of maximizing value. To develop the quality of the finance function within the Hotel.
- Specific duties include a requirement to:
- Operate against meaningful strategic plans and budgets with accurate forecasting
- Implement and oversee best practise financial accounting processes in a robust controlled environment
- Deliver focused, innovative and balanced reporting that stimulates management action
- Ensure financial and commercial support us in place to the highest standards
- Optimise returns on capital investments and use of technology and systems
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- At least two to five years as DOF or Cluster DOF
- Strong computer skills including Excel and a computerised accounting system.
- A friendly and outgoing personality with a proactive, “can do” approach.
- Well organised and methodical skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good planning and prioritising skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility as a team player with good communication skills.
- Strong numeracy preferably with secondary school passes in Maths or Accounting.
We offer a unique opportunity for you to advance your skills within a high performing team, with support and development opportunities provided along the way.
Title: Director of Finance - New Zealand
Requisition ID: HOT046S6