Hilton Demi Chef de Partie in Auckland, New Zealand
About Hilton Hotels
Our team members are changing the world one stay at a time. They’re engaged and recognised in many ways for showcasing their talents. Join the most well known Hotel brand in the World and you’ll have more than just a job. You’ll have a challenging and rewarding career in the hospitality industry.
What will I be doing?
As a Demi Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Demi Chef would also be required to assist with food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Be environmentally aware
Skills & Experience
Demi Chef serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience as a Demi Chef or Commis Chef
- NZQA Level 2
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
- Passion to provide our guests with exceptional food every single day!
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Demi Chef de Partie
Requisition ID: HOT040UO