HSBC Analyst, Corporate Banking in Alberta, Canada
Employment Type: Regular
The Corporate Relationship Support Manager is situated in the Corporate Banking Centre (CBC)
The role is to proactively support the (Senior) Corporate Banking Managers (S/CBM) to enable them to deliver the optimum contribution towards the CBC Annual Operating Plan (AOP), improve client engagement, maximize operational efficiency and allow the S/CBMs to spend more time with clients and grow income.
The role holder will work closely with the S/CBMs in preparing call reports, research for the client and sector / industry, financial / operating analysis, account conduct, supplier / buyer analysis and other referred remarks in CARM. In addition, supporting S/CBMs at client meetings, preparing remarks, coordinating the application process, security and product/solution process on behalf of the S/CBMs, and ensuring that appropriate systems are kept up to date and used efficiently.
The role holder will also take responsibility for dealing with all aspects of clients’ renewal applications and working on ad hoc projects including (but not limited to): concern lists, sector analysis, client portfolios and others as required.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Accountable for delivery against prescribed tasks
- An integral part of the CBC team, the Corporate Relationship Support Manager allows the S/CBMs to spend more time with customers
- Attend client meetings as necessary with S/CBMs
- Preparation of all relevant pre and post customer documentation, collation /analysis of financial/non-financial information and coordination of products/solutions which suit customer needs
- Work effectively in partnership with other Corporate/CMB teams and product providers to deepen customer relationships and support/diversify revenue streams
- Ensure Client Vision is used effectively
Ensure all Cross Border income is reported on HORIS Customers / Stakeholders
Participate in the deals and discussions with clients alongside the S/CBMs to gain as much experience of relationship management and the management of complex international credits
- Enhance and develop mutually beneficial relationships with clients
- Liaise and work with CBC team(s) to ensure best possible experience and outcomes for customers, employees and the Bank
- Effective interaction with team within CBC and across the wider Bank
Responsible for reviewing service delivery, resolving delivery issues, and developing / extending services provided to clients Leadership & Teamwork
Ensure clarity and accuracy when conveying information to senior / line management
- Coach team members and develop skills
- Ensure effective and continuous dialogue within the CBC team(s)
- Display courageous integrity in all dealings
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand. Operational Effectiveness & Control
Identify and improve existing methods of working
- Support change initiatives and embed within own team
- Adhere to and actively support established policies and procedures in own area or team
- Ensure the consistent application of Group policy and adherence to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimize business and reputational risks
- Assume responsibility for the delivery of efficient, accurate and timely processing of clients requests and transactions
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Complete other responsibilities, as assigned. Major Challenges
Contributing to the team to support the delivery of income and growth.
- Supporting implementation of changes and initiatives within the CBC in a timely manner.
Ensuring focus on delivering the requirements of the role and maintaining close links with stakeholders. Role Context
The role is a key part of the CBC team and is responsible for supporting the S/CBMs in providing exceptional customer service whilst delivering income growth, improving efficiencies and embracing Corporate initiatives.
The role holder will operate within the Bank’s risk and operational guidelines and is responsible for ensuring that organizational standards are maintained and that the Banks policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the CBC in order to mitigate risk. Management of Risk
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department. Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Compliance. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Broad knowledge of the Bank’s structures, products and services
- Awareness of the changing economic, social and regulatory environment in Canada
- Knowledge of international business and various industry sectors
- Experienced knowledge and use of HORIS and Client Vision systems (including reporting) and complex MI Experience
- BA in related discipline and 2-5 years of experience in related field OR MA and 1-3 years of experience in related field
- Proven track record in a client focussed environment
- Competent professional who maintains and develops professional knowledge to bring best practice ideas to the business
- Experience of working in a teamwork environment
Ideally, experience in the Commercial or Corporate Banking environment
Strong ‘team’ skills promoting an environment of co-operation and trust, overcoming resistance where encountered
- Good analytical and financial skills
- Strong prioritising, organisational and time management abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Personal qualities of stability, maturity and authority and an ability to work with staff at all levels
- Ability to make decisions
Job: *Corporate Banking
Title: Analyst, Corporate Banking
Requisition ID: 00009D9D